2015 test mule

Jesse_01

Reaction score
In your honest opinions, will 2015 chargers be more or less RELIABLE at a reasonable (say 450) rwhp vs the 2104?

I think there are lots of people making 450rwhp out of a 11-14 charger that have had no issues. I know personally I have 50k on mine. Including running the high boost tune that h&s first released.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
In your honest opinions, will 2015 chargers be more or less RELIABLE at a reasonable (say 450) rwhp vs the 2104?

more reliable at 450 without a doubt. but capable of much more highly doubtful. BUMMER !

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Don't get their hopes too high. Gonna take a lot more than a wheel to make these hold up for a "lot" of potential. Maybe "some" would be a better word....

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily leaning for the 2015 guys with this statement. A reliable drop in charger for a 1st gen 6.7 truck capable of 20-30 more hp than stock form charger that is reliable, that's potential

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Is that the same size as the 2011-2014 turbine wheel. I could not believe how small that thing was. Also the original 2 piece turbine housing makes it hard to open it up to accept a bigger wheel

The turbine is the new charger is about 4mm larger, it still has the 2 pc turbine housing.

jcain

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm necessarily leaning for the 2015 guys with this statement. A reliable drop in charger for a 1st gen 6.7 truck capable of 20-30 more hp than stock form charger that is reliable, that's potential

Is it truly a drop-in though? Manifolds, pedestal and dp are going to line up?

dseitler

Reaction score
I have a 15 Turbo at my work and I can take pictures and post it for you if anyone wants. It will be Tuesday before I return to work. As you will see all you will have to change is the intake. Exhaust side is the same along with the mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have a 15 Turbo at my work and I can take pictures and post it for you if anyone wants. It will be Tuesday before I return to work. As you will see all you will have to change is the intake. Exhaust side is the same along with the mounting.

Similar, yes. The same, not quite

T.R.P.

Reaction score
This has rustled my jimmies. I guess I'll stick to the plan of "leave it the *** alone and drive a nice, reliable, truck".

I just picked up a 2015 platinum.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
This has rustled my jimmies. I guess I'll stick to the plan of "leave it the *** alone and drive a nice, reliable, truck".

I just picked up a 2015 platinum.

That's what I said too when I picked up my 6.7.... LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Honestly these chargers will not be good for big hp. Small turbine and VERY weak shaft design will be a limiting factor. We are pursuing some different options. But I can tell you with out major turbo redesign this is never going to be a 700hp drop in. Probably ever. A $4k drop in modded charger isn't gonna sell. Junk tiny hub pilot shaft and small turbine are very limiting. I'm sure there will be a plethora of drop in wheels shortly so everyone can go crazy exploding their $400 charger upgrade.

what size is the turbine wheel? would it still be a good combination to mill the compressor side out for a bigger billet wheel? or will the small shaft grenade with any size wheel change?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.