2015 test mule

Kind

Reaction score
Egr and SCR are two good reasons to never leave a modern diesel stock.

Reaction score
Well I can say I must have an early calibration because Jared's new '15 will flat run and smoke the tires off. I can't even get my tires to scratch with the advance track off and doing a brake torque starting in gravel..... Time for some tunes to let this thing fuel at low boost, maybe it will wake it up....

Kind

Reaction score
Mine has zero issues spinning tires.

Sent from my subconscious to your screen.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I heard a 15' dyno'd 357 bone stock , so they are prolly 20 horse stronger than the 14 and earlier.

Reaction score
Yeah, mine runs good once it's going. Just has no power out of the hole. Must have an earlier tune or something. I'm gonna compare engine files with Jared's truck and see what's different. It should run better than it does. And the last 500 miles I've drove it has been all interstate and no towing, still 13mpg....

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Contrary to anything Morgan says. Corbin can vouch for me, when presented with 2 huge pieces of meat, Morgan did not disappoint last night. Ate his entire dinner.. No dirty joke, those steaks were awesome
Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
I talked to Mike last week and was telling him about one of the 4 2015"s we added to our fleet and how awesome it was compared to the 13-14's we have. That truck will flat get it compared to any of the older ones Stock. From a dead stop it will lay the lines down. I'm glad to see there is another truck to back up what I was driving. Can't wait for the Cab & Chassis truck to get here to see how they do. The Tech's with the AutoCrane bodies always complain about lack of power.

JMart

Reaction score
Can't wait for the Cab & Chassis truck to get here to see how they do. The Tech's with the AutoCrane bodies always complain about lack of power.

I think in the other thread someone posted a quote from a Ford engineer that said the c&c trucks aren't getting the changes.

travisH3

Reaction score
I think in the other thread someone posted a quote from a Ford engineer that said the c&c trucks aren't getting the changes.

yup! we werent too happy about it. we ordered our 2015 f450 C&C in january and when it was delivered I jump in the cab to snap a pic of the exhaust brake and wasnt there. apparently its same truck as the 11-14. only update i know it got is the LED under hood light :confused:

92f350cc

Reaction score
yup! we werent too happy about it. we ordered our 2015 f450 C&C in january and when it was delivered I jump in the cab to snap a pic of the exhaust brake and wasnt there. apparently its same truck as the 11-14. only update i know it got is the LED under hood light :confused:

OUCH. That's a s****y way to find out man.

I should start a kickstarter campaign or something to raise the funds for one of these trucks. I've been a good boy and haven't bought one for over a decade now. :drool:

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
what size is the turbine wheel? would it still be a good combination to mill the compressor side out for a bigger billet wheel? or will the small shaft grenade with any size wheel change?

live life full throttle

The turbine wheel is already pretty small for the 61mm comp wheel. Putting a bigger wheel on such a small turbine would not be ideal.

T.R.P.

Reaction score
I know on the 6.7 cummins, the issue with the turbos are said to be rectified by leaving the exhaust brake on at all times.

What do you guys think about this, and how do you think it relates to our new trucks?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the Cummins has a very different turbo design

Ford integrates a idle vane sweep in their strategy, and they'll command 90% duty cycle during normal driving

The Cummins doesn't get anywhere NEAR 90+% duty UNLESS in the exhaust brake position.

So, while I would definitely recommend running with the exhaust brake on all the time or at least exercise it a few times a week on the Cummins, I don't think it's going to necessarily prolong the Ford's turbo service life.

JMO

Reaction score
So little update, finally got the windows tinted...

duqave2y.jpg

atyme7ab.jpg

5% over the back, 20% over the two fronts and 50% on the windshield.

Hopefully it will get tuned in the next week or two so we can get a baseline and start testing parts.

Latest posts

Members online