2016 F250 REGEN PROBLEMS

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Put my truck back to stock after ****** to trade in on 17. Had to replace def injector and supply line because tip on def injector broke and supply line melted to exhaust. Also had to replace nox sensor and module because of hard code. drove fine for couple weeks and had a check engine light on. Scanned and found codes for excessive time to enter closed loop regen control and closed loop regen control at limit- temp too low. Also has a *** overload, drive to clean message on dash on crank up. Performed forced regen and found that the temps on all four sensors would not go over 400 degrees. Put heat gun up to *** and temps are pretty close to sensors. But when regen started it would go up to 400 degrees then drop down to 175 and then climb back up. So, on these 6.7s do they have a seperate injector for regen or do the injectors supply more fuel while in regen? Couldnt find any solid info on the net, thinking it could be needing a reflash

Kxc

Reaction score
Left bank injects fuel on the exhaust stroke I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Were the parameters reset on everything when you put it back on? Sometimes that ***s with chit. Forgot to reset parameters after changing a nox sensor, check engine lite came back on on road test. Reset parameters, and cleared code, never came back on.

DieselDog

Reaction score
Catalyst is heated from fuel dosing during exhaust stroke. This is done by using left bank engine fuel injectors unless you've had the recent ford software update then it uses both cylinder heads rear 2 injectors on both banks to do the job now like the 6.4L strategy did. The Fuel will cause a reaction resulting in catalyst converter to heat to around 1500 degrees which then heats the exhaust filter performing exhaust regeneration. There is no separate injector dedicated just for exhaust cleaning. As for temperature drop could have a bad EGT sensor causing temperature drop readings. Do you know which sensor is droping temperature during cleaning ? Or as stated by 6.0 tech above you could attempt parameter reset see if that corrects concern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I thought I reset the parameters last time. But I will try again tommorow. And all of the sensors are spot on with each other.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.