300/200's stock bottom end.

Enslow

Reaction score
Sub'd
I just picked up a set of 300/200's not long ago, and just waiting to get ahold of some misc extra stuff, but I've been stuck on which turbo to run with these sticks. I was thinking a s472 or something smaller like a 468. Just curious what you guys have done and what worked best all around.

JD3020

Reaction score
A 468 is pricey, but it just seems to be the perfect all-around charger for these trucks. I'm saving my pennies for one, although i'll prolly end up finding a deal on something else and never get a 468. LOL

Reaction score
Sub'd
I just picked up a set of 300/200's not long ago, and just waiting to get ahold of some misc extra stuff, but I've been stuck on which turbo to run with these sticks. I was thinking a s472 or something smaller like a 468. Just curious what you guys have done and what worked best all around.

I ran a S468 and love it still spools great and makes plenty of power no experience with a s472 but the s468 supposedly outflows the s471 cast wheel. Overall i am very pleased with the turbo and makes a great street setup.
If your looking for more top end power add some oxygen replacement :evil

97stoker350

Reaction score
What would you consider a cheap turbo that will last longer than 20000 miles with 300/200s? A 66 is cheap but it sure won't last with those injectors turned up. And compared to garret turbos its relatively cheap.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I'm running a 38r right now with stock sticks but I know it wouldn't be able to handle the 300/200's

It would if the tuner pulled the fuel off quite a bit (as well as other changes) and you didnt just beat the living crap out of it,. But no I dont think it would last at all if the injectors were turned up to their full potential and you beat on it. Its all in the tuning... and the control of the right foot for the most part imo.

Enslow

Reaction score
It would if the tuner pulled the fuel off quite a bit (as well as other changes) and you didnt just beat the living crap out of it,. But no I dont think it would last at all if the injectors were turned up to their full potential and you beat on it. Its all in the tuning... and the control of the right foot for the most part imo.

I hear ya there, i have gearhead tunes now, I'll probably go with his tunes for the 300/200's. I have a forged rod 10k motor at my house but I wanna run these sticks so bad, I might just throw them in the pmr motor in my truck now, after I get a new hpop and fuel system and just play with that for a little bit until I can afford a t-4 kit

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I hear ya there, i have gearhead tunes now, I'll probably go with his tunes for the 300/200's. I have a forged rod 10k motor at my house but I wanna run these sticks so bad, I might just throw them in the pmr motor in my truck now, after I get a new hpop and fuel system and just play with that for a little bit until I can afford a t-4 kit

Yup that'll work. I'm runnin 300/200s right now with Matts tunes on my pmr motor with a stock turbo an hpop until I get the rest upgraded. Runs fine, only reason I went ahead an got the big injectors is because i had a few that were bad so jus went ahead an got the ones I wanted. I did put my fuel system on for extra security for the new injectors.

Reaction score

I wouldnt see why that would be a problem. Gearhead has his tuning pretty spot on and should be able to make both the turbo and motor live. He seems to be the best at keeping pmr motors together. I loved my old setup when i had pmrs until i swapped a forged rod motor in. Why not go ahead and swap the forged motor in?

bruce

Reaction score
yeah the pmr engine is worth a lot more with the rods still in it. i sold mine for a lot more than the forged rod engine that replaced it cost me

Enslow

Reaction score
I wouldnt see why that would be a problem. Gearhead has his tuning pretty spot on and should be able to make both the turbo and motor live. He seems to be the best at keeping pmr motors together. I loved my old setup when i had pmrs until i swapped a forged rod motor in. Why not go ahead and swap the forged motor in?

I will at some point, for ease of installation I wanted to get the t-4 up pipes nd everything on before I put the motor in. Just acquiring parts first so I can throw everything in all at once.

Reaction score
I will at some point, for ease of installation I wanted to get the t-4 up pipes nd everything on before I put the motor in. Just acquiring parts first so I can throw everything in all at once.

Like Bruce stated PMR motors are worth alot more with the rods still in js. That being said its not much worse if any putting the t4 kit on in the truck. You cant put the motor in with the turbo on and that is the hardest part imo.

But i believe with gearhead tunes you will be fine either way

David N

Reaction score
Yeah don't be a dumba$$ like me and blow a perfectly good PMR motor that I could have sold for $1000+.

Latest posts

Members online