3m paint protection

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yea, I just looked at my quote again.....it's $575 for the rocker panel kit (Xpel "ultimate") on a 6' bed (8' bed would've been $720!)..... 10 year warranty, buffable, self healing and scratch resistant.

I'm sure I will still end up getting it done, even though it expensive. Better than waiting till your sides get all messed up and then still having to pay out the @$$ to get them repaired/repainted....

They also mentioned they could do the hood and headlights too....

truckman1974

Reaction score
Who was the quote from truck man?

I don't know anything about them... I will probably go have it done when I return from deployment. If you get yours done by them let me know. The quote they gave me has "expired" (the price quote was only good for 45 days), and it's about 6 months old, so just don't be surprised if the price quote you get isn't the same.

Here's their info (from the quote):

B&M Graphics and Window Films

225-275-1993

http://bmgrafix.com

Pirogue

Reaction score
Thanks Bud, I just went from chrome to PTM on front and rear bumpers and grill surround. When I called in New Orleans I was quoted around $1k for front and rear bumpers and Grill surround. It's not my daily driver, I will have the body shop touch up as needed.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Give them a call at the B&M Graphics and see what they tell you. It should be a lot less material for them to cover the bumper and grill surround than the entire two-toned portion of my truck.... Who knows..... Once you get your first few chips you'll have the @$$ and 2nd think yourself and wish you'd have at least checked with them.

For $1k was that just the bumpers and grill surround?? Seems a little steep but I don't know....

Pirogue

Reaction score
Yep, bumpers and Grill surround. I thought it was pretty steep also.

BTW just to be clear on my original post, I applied 3M defender spray to the white bumper on my 05.

truckman1974

Reaction score
That's on your DD? How do you remove it, or is there no reason to have to remove it? Can you see it and tell that it's there? I've never seen this stuff...

Pirogue

Reaction score
I work off shore, the white 05 is crew change vehicle neither are DD's. You really can't tell its sprayed unless your close up or you have a tape line, in my case the whole bumper was sprayed.

The finish is not perfect so I wouldn't put it on a Brand New King Ranch but if the truck already displays a little age, then I would.

It has a life span but can't recall.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I think I will just stick to getting it done in Baton Rouge by the 'experts' so that they can warranty it.....lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.