4.30 gears with factory locker

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Currently have 3.31 gears in a 2016 and want to upgrade to 4.30 oem gears. Question is will they fit with factory locker? I have seen after market lockers stating 4.10 and down or up gears. Is there anything else I would need ? Have been calling shops around my area in SoCal and no one seems to know or stock any aftermarket gears. Thanks for the help.

sootie

Reaction score
Breaking Habits on here has done something similar, maybe reach out to him...

Profuzz

Reaction score
Call Jared ^ or Randy's ring and pinion are great to deal with !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
That is why I'm wondering. If there is a max ratio i can go up too with factory locker on 3.31 . If so that would be my limit since I'm not dishing out money for an aftermarket locker when stock works great.

Profuzz

Reaction score
My 15 Dually has 4L axle ! That's a different axle then srw.

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Thanks to Brakinghabits he replied via PM and confirmed that combination does fit .

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
So got the gears installed. What a difference . Anyone hesitating, don't ! Still breaking them in so not really getting on it but here are the things I already noticed.

1.Truck stays on top of turbo so power is always there now. 2. Lie o meter seems to be up on mpg a bit . Truck feels lighter on its feet . 4 Installer was very pleased it came with all new bearings bolts and seals.

Also truck didn't need to be programmed for gear change. Mph must be read off diff not trans im assuming . Just waiting on ez Lynk to come out with programming for tire size change now.

Profuzz

Reaction score
One of the best bangs for the buck my 15 Dually came from factory but my 06 loved the change

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Nope numbers were spot on and glad it came with everything to install. I thought it was just going to be gear sets . So it was a nice surprise. Thanks again buddy .

Latest posts

Members online