4 point tow mirrors from lmc.....

Mad Max

Reaction score
in, out and all around the matrix you live in
ok, so now that i bought my flatbed dovetail trailer i have decided to upgrade the mirrors on my dually ( the Blue Bastard), since the nemo's that are on the truck just don't cut it when im towing my gooseneck when its loaded down, im seriously considering getting the obs aftermarket 4 point tow mirrors from LMC truck. Anyone on here have any experience or advice about them?Or any different recommendations?

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Are they the ones like my truck (see pics in sig link)? If so, you will break the ever living crap out of any other mirror you hit. Specificaly I speak of chevy heated tow mirrors and one of those import SUVs. And it makes an incredibly loud noise in the cab when that happens.
Also, get ready to be a bug killer. Those things attract bugs like you would not believe, and they will be plastered on there like it's the singular goal of their existence to make a mess of the front side of your mirrors.
Ironically enough, I use my little 2" bubble mirrors more than the huge plate of a mirror they're attached to.
With the size of the glass in those mirrors, sometimes I wonder if I'm seeing the Washington monument. Then I realize it's just some prick flipping me the bird. But seriously, if you can't see what's behind/beside you with those mirrors, you shouldn't be driving a bicycle much less a truck.

Mad Max

Reaction score
in, out and all around the matrix you live in
yes dan they are like the ones in your link. im fixing to start hauling hay from louisiana thats why im trying to upgrade to towing mirrors.

as for the bugs, they love my mirrors too, enough that i pressure wash them, and do everything short of applying muratic acid on them to try to get the bug remnants off them

and as for towing with the nemos, i dont have much choice, i can see a bit of a ways behind me on the drivers side when im hauling a load, but on the right side i cant see anything behind the trailer, now when the trailers unloaded its another story, and the nemo's i have do just fine when the trailers unloaded.

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
Don't get them. They are not bent to contour to the door and you have to bend the metal to fit them. Not only that but the L-shaped part that attaches to the mirror has plastic threads inside that wear out very quick. If you try and tighten them up it shreds the threading inside and then they wiggle around. My advice is to buy a factory set off someone or find them at a junkyard.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Mine are OEM and I believe they are still available from Ford. I believe there are also some brace pieces in the inside of the door, you may want to hit a junk yard and look for an F-superduty as those mirrors were more common on them.

MAC

Reaction score
I'm not for sure, but I've read that stock doors that came with the tripod mirrors from the factory had a thicker door skin, not sure if this is true or not but just letting you know.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the doors are the same. the best way to save them is to spin them in when your not towing it takes a ton of stress off of the door my truck has had them on it for its whole life and the door skins are just fine because they are flipped in. you really can see great out of them to. put a set of spot mirrors on atleast the passenger side and you can see everything going on back there

Redpower

Reaction score
My F-350 has the 4pt mirrors on it. I like them a lot, but I mostly just tow with that truck. Usually I am pulling a 20' livestock trailer or a 32' flatbed and you seem to be able to see better with those mirrors over the other types.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I've never had good luck with the extentions for the nemo mirrors either. They usually vibrate so bad and the extended mirror is so small that I can see crap out of them anyway.

I've swapped on the 4 pt mirrors onto 3 or 4 trucks now since I tow so much with them. I personally like the look of the nemo better. Gives the truck a classier look IMO. I was contimplating leaving them on my dually since they look good, but after pulling my 8' wide gooseneck horse trailer tonight, I can's see chit behind me, so they're likely coming off by next weekend and the 4 points are going on!!

BTW- Source out some factory mirrors to install on yours. The aftermarket mirrors just look like crap IMO. Like Chase said, salvage yards are your friend. All of mine have come from yards.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
other options..... just throwing them out there

semi mirrors
Q9NNRvbvHGAHqsv2-Yl8xZuuUXFS92V-I8mdTXrI3C8hX3Xtdg.jpg

2011 mirrors
22126-obs-mods-show-off-imag0050.jpg

dodge mirrors
299172_2465464366547_1550416809_32675350_1678103997_n.jpg

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Ryan, what about the mirrors like Whitey had with the extension bars for your truck? Nice compromise between the monster tow mirrors and the nemo mirrors. I wish my 97 had them actually. I still have one good one if you'd like to try them out.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I had those on 2 of my old trucks and took them off for the 4 points. The problem with installing them on a door that had the nemo mirrors, is the the nemo and 4 pt have wider top mounting holes than the 2 point style. So I'd still have holes to patch at some point. Also, from my experiences with the 2 pt mirros with the extentions, they vibrate pretty badly and are hard to see out of.

I really like the look of the big tow mirrors too, so it's no biggy. Just think the nemos look classier. I'm all for looks, but the 1 thing with mirrors, is they need to be functional. So they gotta go.

Latest posts

Members online