400/400 daily driver

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I was just wondering how well 400/400 could be tuned to be daily driven. How well they idle. Smoke and haze just driving around. I was thinking about making mine bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife daily drove her 02 CCSB for 3 years with 400/400's and a GT42R, 657 rwhp in the setting she drove everyday, 12.0@112 on street tires and even towed our toyhauler RV once. Not the best choice for a tow truck but it did manage to do it without melting anything, so yes with the time spent tuning it you can daily drive that combo. When I bought her a new truck in 13, I took the same engine and stuck it in Snow White with a GTX42R and dynode 810 at the ground, cut back fuel and ran multiple 11.35@124-125 mph passes with no smoke going down the track.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Sorry, but I've been through a few sets of h-max injectors. They are still a decade behind the times.

And don't get me started on Industrial's "oil side" mods. :lame:
Hypermax kinda started the whole HEUI craze, so ya OK.

That guy that posted right above you can discuss Industrials oil side mods...:)

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Hypermax kinda started the whole HEUI craze, so ya OK.

That guy that posted right above you can discuss Industrials oil side mods...:)

I have been around a little while. I remember all the hype about these "special" mods and "pixie dust" over the years. I have debunked several claims over the years. I genuinely feel bad for the people that jump on those band wagons and spend a lot of money to ride along. And the ones that really don't know that even high performance injectors shouldn't run like ass just to perform, but in return are losing out because they run like crap.

The funny thing is the biggest issue holding us back is something no one is even addressing.

Mini rant over. Good day fellas.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They have nice hardware. Cgi blocks? Sweet. The hmax rods are super cool. Only built motor Ive seen that is RATED for 2000 bhp. :eek:

ghohouston

Reaction score
I have been around a little while. I remember all the hype about these "special" mods and "pixie dust" over the years. I have debunked several claims over the years. I genuinely feel bad for the people that jump on those band wagons and spend a lot of money to ride along. And the ones that really don't know that even high performance injectors shouldn't run like ass just to perform, but in return are losing out because they run like crap.

The funny thing is the biggest issue holding us back is something no one is even addressing.

Mini rant over. Good day fellas.

Then elaborate some

Latest posts

Members online