4r100 swap in my truck. Few questions.

stroken

Reaction score
Just put the 4r behind my 6.4 finished it up last night. I copied wiring off of another truck didn't have instructions. Few issues. The trans temp in the factory cluster doesn't work. Is there a wire I missed or is there another way around it? I'm also assuming why the fan is staying on constantly, because it doesn't have a trans temp reading? I appreciate all of the help in advance!

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The cluster in your truck gets it's information from the PCM. The PCM also determines when the fan is on, and without a signal from the trans it's going to stay on.

You may need to get a sensor from a 5R110 and put it in the pan and wire it to your engine's PCM.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Just put the 4r behind my 6.4 finished it up last night. I copied wiring off of another truck didn't have instructions. Few issues. The trans temp in the factory cluster doesn't work. Is there a wire I missed or is there another way around it? I'm also assuming why the fan is staying on constantly, because it doesn't have a trans temp reading? I appreciate all of the help in advance!

The trans temp gauge will not work with your factory cluster on a 4R swap

Latest posts

Members online