4wd switch light

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I have an issue that has me stumped. My 4wd light on the switch has stopped working. 4wd is engaging fine so I assumed it was just a light on the switch assembly was out, so I ordered a new one from Sunrise Parts. Installed that, but the light still doesn't work. I'm no electrical expert, but from what I can tell that green bulb should be the indicator light...all the wiring to the switch looked fine from what I could tell and the pins were lining up on the connector.

Has anybody else run into this?

For reference, here's what the switch looks like.

c922c79a64abb7e12bc04e3c170deb15.jpg

ckrueg

Reaction score
I have an issue that has me stumped. My 4wd light on the switch has stopped working. 4wd is engaging fine so I assumed it was just a light on the switch assembly was out, so I ordered a new one from Sunrise Parts. Installed that, but the light still doesn't work. I'm no electrical expert, but from what I can tell that green bulb should be the indicator light...all the wiring to the switch looked fine from what I could tell and the pins were lining up on the connector.

Has anybody else run into this?

For reference, here's what the switch looks like.

c922c79a64abb7e12bc04e3c170deb15.jpg
Is this a light on the 4x4 switch? I have had no lights there since I bought the truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain its a light.
I've never had mine apart I just didn't realize the switch was even lighted because mine is obviously broken as well. I know sometime the sjb will deactivate a circuit when the bulb goes out. My cargo lamp wouldn't work and when I put a new bulb in it still wouldn't. Ended up just splicing it into a relay connected to the dome light.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online