4x4 no workie

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Worked fine a week ago, batteries died and now the t case wont engage, no dash light either. Wont engage with hubs manually locked.

Its the ESOF system

I am assuming it is a relay, what did i fry?
Ill be under the truck in the morning to check all the connections on the t case.
Just trying to get a list going of stuff to check cuz its cold as balls here and i would like to figure it out quick as possible.

Check relays
Check t case wire plugs
Check dash switch if i all else is good
Hope like hell it isn't the t case motor (lol)

Am i missing anything?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
So far it was the #33 fuse. It wasnt blown but was a little bit corroded, scratched it up and she engaged.
But...... I stopped for a minute on the way home and when i pulled back out dash light was on but no 4x so hubs werent locked. Clicked it off then back on and hubs locked again. So now im thinkin i have a small vac leak also. HVAC blower is not defaulting to defrost tho so im kinda stumped.

I did park it in a heated garage last night, idk if that has anything to do with it working today or not.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Yea, when I test drove mine the 1st time, the hubs took a while to lock, a month later and I was stuck w/ defrost and manual hubs. My a/c works now, but hubs still manual, so idgaf lol, husky liners so the carpet doesn't get muddy when I have to get out and lock them.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Yea, when I test drove mine the 1st time, the hubs took a while to lock, a month later and I was stuck w/ defrost and manual hubs. My a/c works now, but hubs still manual, so idgaf lol, husky liners so the carpet doesn't get muddy when I have to get out and lock them.

Im no stranger to hub problems, my old 02's hubs where completely fawked. Ended up just plugging the vac lines and putting in a set of super winch hub locks. It was so bad at one point the passenger side hub would lock and unlock on its own at random times and that pretty much left me with almost zero control over the truck. Lol
it would lock and pull the truck to the right, counter steer to the left and it would unlock and the truck would then obviously shoot hard left, correct to the right and hub would lock again starting the whole process over again. Lofl
It wasnt very safe.

Latest posts

Members online