4x4 not working. New t case motor

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
So what could be the deal? It still wont engage

I had to turn the new motor about 1/4 turn to get it on. It would not go together in any of the three positions off the t case. And im pissed cuz i spilt atf all ***kin over myself filling the case back up.

So where are the relays i need to check? under dash fuse is good, connections are good. Im lost on this.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
What is the truck doing? Is the transfer case not engaging? Do the hubs engage? Does the 4x4 light in the dash come on?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Transfer case doesn't engage. Esof is fine and hubs are fine. No dash light

It slowly went out at random then finally quit, then i changed the motor and still nothing.

Last edited:

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Hubs lock and 4x4 motor doesn't engage? Did you check if you could manually move shift lever when you had motor off? did you Check for power to motor when you switch into 4x4

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Hubs lock and 4x4 motor doesn't engage? Did you check if you could manually move shift lever when you had motor off? did you Check for power to motor when you switch into 4x4

The t case shaft did move into all three positions. It didnt move as far as i thought it should between clicks but idk how much rotation is actually involved

I had to rotate the motor shaft to come close to making the motor mate to it but the motor wouldnt fit in any of the t case positions. I ended up putting the T case in 4 high, plugging the motor into the shaft and rotating the motor roughly 1/4 turn counter clockwise so the bolt holes would line up.

co04cobra

Reaction score
You do need to check for power at the motor while somebody switches it into 4x4 in the truck. If no power :

Double check all fuses and relays!! (This gets over looked time and time again)

Last thing is the control module for esof is bolted in behind the glove box. If it's the 06 in your sig. It's a long slender box kind of to the RH side after you drop the glove box down.

You'll have to get the schematic for a 06 to see what the color wires are that have power on them. I can't remember off the top of my head, or get it hooked to a fairly high end scanner. It will be able to see what the module is seeing when the switch is flipped.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Thx man!
Ive never heard of the module behind the glove box. Ill check that as a last resort before i take it to the stealer.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
You do need to check for power at the motor while somebody switches it into 4x4 in the truck. If no power :

Double check all fuses and relays!! (This gets over looked time and time again)

Last thing is the control module for esof is bolted in behind the glove box. If it's the 06 in your sig. It's a long slender box kind of to the RH side after you drop the glove box down.

You'll have to get the schematic for a 06 to see what the color wires are that have power on them. I can't remember off the top of my head, or get it hooked to a fairly high end scanner. It will be able to see what the module is seeing when the switch is flipped.

I owe you a sixer of expensive beer.
The relay to engage the motor was all corroded and bad. Other one is fine. Shift motor works even tho i "adjusted" the position. Lol

Two new relays, some rtv and more tape should make it last till the truck dies.
Thx man!!

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have some close friends in Burlington. When I make it up to visit I'll take you up on that offer..:toast:

Glad I could help.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I have some close friends in Burlington. When I make it up to visit I'll take you up on that offer..:toast:

Glad I could help.

Do it!!!
Im moving to Rouses Point NY next week but thats still close to Burlington. Plenty close enough to have a beer anyways. :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online