5 inch turbo back for manual trans truck?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Hey yall I tried searching but this tapatalk junk isn't bringing anything up. I'm searching for a 5 inch turbo back for my truck. Right now I have an aftermarket downpipe looks to be 4 inch into 4 inch flex pipe to 6 inch stacks. Not big on the stack look but that's what I bought it with. I was looking at diamond eye because they have a 4 inch downpipe and seem to be cheaper. Every exhaust I have been seeing says for automatic transmission only. Is there a difference? Will these exhausts fit my truck with a zf6? I've been told there isn't a difference but not sure why it would say auto only. Don't want to buy one and it not work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

diezelfreak

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a Dp for a auto truck will fit but you pretty much have to reshape the dang thing to make it work. Buddy of mine just ran in to that prob. He ended up buying one for the zf6 an it went on a lot better.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
I have an auto just to start out and I was able to get a 5 inch straight ss for my truck for 350 dollhairs. it was from sinister diesel and its held up nicely. also depends on the person but for me I wouldn't have bought the turbo back soley based on the fact after the turbo it is going to stay 3.5" and it is heat wrapped from factory and it will turn to 4 on the 90 after the firewall back for a 5" in turbo back. if you want to ****** the cat get a piece of ss pipe that is the diameter you want an mount it up for the cat back set up...

sorry if not what your looking for just my lousy .02 cents

truckman1974

Reaction score
I have an auto just to start out and I was able to get a 5 inch straight ss for my truck for 350 dollhairs....

So, for 350 dollhairs, I'm curious, did all of those hairs come from 1 doll or did it take 2? I'm not really sure how many hairs are on 1 doll. LOL

Just messing with you....I'm sure the stupid spellcheck/autocorrect got you there....

046.ohBills

Reaction score
So, for 350 dollhairs, I'm curious, did all of those hairs come from 1 doll or did it take 2? I'm not really sure how many hairs are on 1 doll. LOL

Just messing with you....I'm sure the stupid spellcheck/autocorrect got you there....

Lol im sure they are from multiple dolls knowing how the government works and since I'm in the military I've never actually seen my dollars so who knows what they are. beautiful life we live in with direct deposit.LOL

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
I got a stainless Flo pro turbo back with 4" dp and I couldn't have been happier. The selling point was using actual band clamps for the connections.

Mine is a auto, but I do remember seeing manual transmission on Rudy's site. I paid like 475 with muffler.

Personally I'd get a turbo back to eliminate any chances of your current dp not matching up to another exhaust system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Strokin89

Reaction score
If I could find one that met up with my downpipe I have on there now that'd work. I guess the dp hits the tranny case? All I know is the stacks need to go and I want that loud aggressive 5 inch sound

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
I can't answer the transfer case, but if there's anyway possible to determine who made the dp would help a lot.

For peace of mind, I'd go full system so there's no snags during install

Strokin89

Reaction score
Yea that's the route I really want to go. The downpipe that came on it when I bought it looks 4 inch but I've never measured it. But if they got that one to fit I should be able to fit a new one

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
When I did mine, it took two people to get it in and lined up. After that, it's a breeze to install.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Personally I went from complete stock to 5 with muffler. From what I read, there really isn't noticeable differences until high hp.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if there was a tone difference between 3.5 or 4 inch dp. I do plan on making more power in the future but for right now she's just bulletproof with a custom tune

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
That's where mine started and 5" sounded amazing. Nice rumble but the turbo didn't really make a lot of whistle and daily driving was really quiet.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Really? Everyone keeps telling me 5 inch is louder. I've tried looking up youtube videos but doesn't sound that great on my phone.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Deep tone with a moderate rumble when you hit wot. Kind of like a v8 so to speak.

In my ccsb, you can't hear it with the windows up and radio off. That changed with my stage 2 barder however.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Is there much of a difference between putting the exhaust out the stock location vs over the rear axle? I've been told an axle dump is a little louder because it reflects off the ground

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Really? Everyone keeps telling me 5 inch is louder. I've tried looking up youtube videos but doesn't sound that great on my phone.

I went from stock with muffler and hollowed cat to a 5 inch ******d all the way back and it made a difference. My father has a ******d 3.5 inch exhaust and there is a notable difference between 3.5 and 5 inch but I actually haven't been around a 4inch.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
4 inch is more of a louder, raspy tone with that cackle

5" is deeper and more mellow and the cackle is no where near as loud

Latest posts

Members online