50" lightbar opinions

TripleE44

Reaction score
I love how they look up on the top. I want one on mine, but I can't have it stick up any further than my roof and still be able to squeeze in my garage when it hails.

There's a company called Kahl Kreations that makes several mounting heights, even one that mounts it down lower kinda in front of the windshield so it doesn't stick up. ADD released some new mounts for the curved bars that are lower, but they say they only work with the rigid bars. They look like some nice mounts, but the way the rigid curved bars are on the ends are different than any other bars I've seen.

Also, Sak had one on his truck that made noise. He said he stuck some rubber hose in the fins on the back in an x shape and it stopped the noise I think.

ADD mounts: http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/interior/exterior/ford-superduty-radius-lightbar-roof-mount/

Last edited:

SAK

Reaction score
Also, Sak had one on his truck that made noise. He said he stuck some rubber hose in the fins on the back in an x shape and it stopped the noise I think

Yup, that what I did. It stopped the noise, but then I took the bar off so I could send my mounts to Eric for the DPC and never put it back on. It dropped my fuel mileage by about a gallon on the freeway, which I didn't like since at the time I was driving 100 miles a day.

Going to put a 40" behind my grill whenever I get around to it.

Layson

Reaction score
I also think Rigid has made some covers for them now. A smoked cover on one in the grille would look pretty nice and clean.

Layson

Reaction score
really? that'd be sweet.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

I did some google searching and didn't find much. Something like this, that way it isn't as noticeable.

IMG_7945_zps6d3abd42.jpg

IMG_7941_zpsa328da9e.jpg

Layson

Reaction score
I don't know if I would actually change out your grille either. I like the setup that you have. If you mounted a few of these behind your grille, nobody is going to even know they are there.

Unless you want the look of it being on top of your truck. Some people like that offroad style look.

Are you going to PTM the bumper eventually?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I don't know if I would actually change out your grille either. I like the setup that you have. If you mounted a few of these behind your grille, nobody is going to even know they are there.

Unless you want the look of it being on top of your truck. Some people like that offroad style look.

Are you going to PTM the bumper eventually?

yea I'm staying with this grille. and yes. as soon as the weather breaks my bumpers are getting painted

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
The look I am indenferent on but the light out out is insane. I love using my 30 out at the wells we drill at night but I am going to do a 50 on the roof for even more lighting.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I have a 20" and d2s now. the light output is awesome. that's why I want more. I'm leaning towards two 30" behind the grille now

Exact same here, don't want a roof mount after I was talked out of it.

But honestly I just want the distance. The 20" is great but I want a rigid hyperspot that will shine the distance of a regular light.

Hoping my 30" will help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.