5r to 4r100 swap

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea that everything we have out here unless you guys over there make it....
give brian a call and see what his thoughts are on a 5r and listen to a guy thats been building trans longer than anyone on here and he will share some knowledge

Why would I call brian when I can call John wood ? Like I said if it comes down to it ill stick that pos 4r in... I just am not giving up yet. It 4r story is at from a fairy tail and seems more problematic than anything.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The calling Brian part wasn't pointed to you just people wondering about the two different Trans

Erikclaw

Reaction score
True my trans didn't miss a beat at DPC, shifted consistantly the whole three days. But there is a difference between my 5r and Craigs. Even though you don't want to hear it, Elite builds a better 5r than who ever did yours. Now it is true you probably beat it harder day to day than I do, I am not on the track. But I think what the CO boys are coming up with in their new trans may be the ticket. Comes down to trans tuning and parts in the tunnel.I was running Eric's exrace at DPC since it fuels way more than others and worked great with spray. My fuel pass was slow since the gates opened way early as they were set for nitrous.

Matt

Reaction score
Not stepping on anyones toes, but leaving the line with 1000hp is quite a bit different than going from 750 and spraying your way up. That being said, I hope the new Elite trans' are the ticket and do the job. Going to older technology and losing stuff, does suck in a street truck. Whats the price looking like for these Elite transmissions anyways?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You are right, but there is a reason for leaving like that. Make the truck live. With all the extra weight and rolling mass, was worried about surviving. I know you can spend close to 7g's with a race build and the billet tc. The newest one, I am not sure, since I am updating mine and not buying it fresh.

Matt

Reaction score
I understand wanting to make parts live, but until either trans can go out and survive at the weight/times you guys are running, no one can really say what is better.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
True, just my opinion. But I am not trying to make a cc drag truck survive either.May have close to the same power, but the desired results are different.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I will never have faith in a 5r again...after the amount I spent for the biggest 5r elite could at the time I had direct and intermediate clutches that we're fried as black as possible and an intermediate that now sits in 2 pieces and it only had ~5000 miles on it

Useless to me, I ran multiple tuners and could not stand it...fixed all the broken and fried parts and sold it at a nice loss...And now have a fresh bts sitting waiting to go in that will shift when it's told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I will never have faith in a 5r again...after the amount I spent for the biggest 5r elite could at the time I had direct and intermediate clutches that we're fried as black as possible and an intermediate that now sits in 2 pieces and it only had ~5000 miles on it

Useless to me, I ran multiple tuners and could not stand it...fixed all the broken and fried parts and sold it at a nice loss...And now have a fresh bts sitting waiting to go in that will shift when it's told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intermediates have come a long way, remember i broke 3. as for the cutches, tuning plays a large role, if you are running basic tunes (310, x race ) for stock transmission, that will hurt them. they are upgraded mechanically so the tune needs pressure taken away. the stock clutches need the pressure, the upgraded cutches dont. im not sure when yours was built, but they have come along way. needless to say im sure the 4R will do you right, just dont run it with big twins. LOL

Latest posts

Members online