6.0 crank no start

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
I know you guys have probably been hammered with 6 0 no start questions. But I have exhausted every option I can think of and still no start. I'll give you a run down of what I've done. It's a 04 f350 I tore it down because it had a hard start and wouldn't rev up so i put 2 new ruddys heads the factory ones were cracked stage 2 vakvesprings and pushrods head studs*egr******* new*hpop*stand pipes dummy plugs new*ipr*icp rebuilt the injectors with elites 175 75 kit put a rcd 68mm*vgt*on it my own regulated return intercooler pipes intake elbow and a cai 4 inch downpipe and exhaust. I have a sct with ********** xtreme race tune on it. And no I didn't just throw all those parts at i I fixed the hpop leak and figured why not put new everything in it while it was apart. I got ready to start it and I had low*icp*so I pulled the valve covers and hooked the air up and here I got in a hurry and put a piece of the stand pipe in for a dummy plug fixed it have 1300 psi at 30% duty cycle 48v ficm and the*icpvoltae6climbes with preasure. I have ficm sync all my grounds are hooked up and new battery's all injectors buzz. But if I hook the meter up to the black and white wire on the injector solenoid it reads 19v on buzz test 'which isnt it supposed to be 48?'and when I crank it it doesn't read anything so something is telling it it doesn't need fuel to start and the silly thing believes It. I thought maybe wiring harness but then why would the buzz test work. Idk what it is but I'm about burnt out on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
I tore my ficm apart today the logic board and power suply all look good. I was thinking g maybe I had the 2 plugs for the injectors backwards on the ficm so ill check and make sure i have them good. Also is 200 rpm fast enough to get it to start fueling or does it not activate the injectors till 500rpm. Mayne that's why I wasn't getting any voltage on my injectors at Starr because my cranking speed was to low.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
No way you will get 500 rpm out of a starter, generally 150 will start it and 180 and up is healthy

webb06

Reaction score
After getting it all back together did you crank it long enough to get air out of the rails? It'll take a couple 30 seconds of solid cranking sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Ya I've cranked it a bunch but no start I'm getting white smoke now. I'm thinking the ficm is bad.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
If you're only getting 19 volts at the injectors but you have good batteries and good FICM voltages, FICM is most likely your issue. Had one in an e series not long ago. Was scratching my head too because the FICM had already been replaced a year prior. But when I got to it, the batteries were toast.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
It just roles white smoke now and won't start I was thinking that's 2 hat it might be I should of just got tht 58v one I wanted and put it on there before I tried starting it. I'll try that and see what happens. But im probably going to do a new harness to just to be safe. Another question if I have sync that means my cam sensor is good right?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
It just roles white smoke now and won't start I was thinking that's 2 hat it might be I should of just got tht 58v one I wanted and put it on there before I tried starting it. I'll try that and see what happens. But im probably going to do a new harness to just to be safe. Another question if I have sync that means my cam sensor is good right?

Normally I would say yes if you have sync your cam sensor is good. But I got burned by that a couple weeks ago on an 05. I had a thread on here, got a truck from another shop for a no start. Same thing, had a crank no start. Had sync, FICM sync, everything but had low Icp. Diagnosed it as a failed Stc fitting on the pump which it was. Replaced with updated fitting, put it all together and it fired up, ran for 20 minutes then just stalled. After that it would crank, kick for a second like it was going to start then just stall. Still had sync, FICM sync and everything looked good. Other shop replaced cam sensor because they had codes, so I chased wiring figuring the sensor was good. Wrong, brand new motorcraft sensor was no good. IDS still showed sync yes and FICM sync yes. Hooked up oscilloscope, had a weak cam signal.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I got burnt by a bad crank sensor once too. EVERYTHING checked out ok but cranking rpm showed low, i scoped the signal and everything and it looked ok but it never showed more than 160 rpm, it would start with a tiny bit of ether but absolutely wouldn't start without it. Replaced the crank sensor and it started right up! I really don't think that's your issue but its worth a look.

lenzhotrod

Reaction score
I got burnt by a bad crank sensor once too. EVERYTHING checked out ok but cranking rpm showed low, i scoped the signal and everything and it looked ok but it never showed more than 160 rpm, it would start with a tiny bit of ether but absolutely wouldn't start without it. Replaced the crank sensor and it started right up! I really don't think that's your issue but its worth a look.

Very similar has happened to me.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. Mine will start with ether but won't stay running and I can watch my rpms climb when she starts to fire. So I think k my cam sensor is good.

Latest posts

Members online