6.0 econoline?

Strokin572

Reaction score
Well I have been wanting to get a 6.0 and I have wanted to get an econoline for awhile and make a motovan out of it. Basically put a wall up in the middle to separate the bikes from the front put a fold out bench seat. However I don't want to buy a gas van, or leave a 6.0 van stock. I looked at a couple under hood pictures of a van and got scared right away. In order to bulletproof for sure, and add injectors and maybe a turbo later on what would I need to take apart to actually do this project. Looking at that picture pretty much got me thinking this might be completely pointless and way to difficult for what it is. I'm thinking a van being lighter than a truck would be a fun and quick vehicle,a place to sleep while at the track, and while having all of my bikes and gear locked up so people don't decide they need it more than me. So basically would this be worth it or do you have to pull the entire thing apart to work on it? Do turbo kits and injectors and everything from F-series work on E-series even, as I heard the vans have 100hp less than the trucks stock. Any help is appreciated.

Commandos888

Reaction score
Re: Hey bud

Hey give gene a call at bulletproof diesel and also elite diesel. BPD makes good aftermarket oil cooler kits for that E van.And elite may be able to set you up with more power adder parts.There is not a lot of room for performance but i'm sure it can be done:thumbup: i do a lot if them at my shop.

Strokin572

Reaction score
Hey give gene a call at bulletproof diesel and also elite diesel. BPD makes good aftermarket oil cooler kits for that E van.And elite may be able to set you up with more power adder parts.There is not a lot of room for performance but i'm sure it can be done:thumbup: i do a lot if them at my shop.

I'll have to call them... I'm not wanting crazy numbers but if eventually I could get 500 out of her I'd be thrilled.. That'd probably be a pretty quick van.

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Not exactly fun to work on, but not absolutely horrible. I just finished one at the shop. Also installed a BPD oil cooler kit.
9upe3ahu.jpg

uqubade6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Injectors can be done in frame, studs no.

That's a Ford tool

ford_trck

Reaction score
Working on an Econoline 6.0 sucks. On the truck chassis you can work on them without many issues. On a van chassis it sucks, plain and simple. You have to remove motor mounts and jack the engine just to do simple things like injectors on them. Just be forewarned. If you have issues if you aren't doing it yourself it is going to cost you.

Strokin572

Reaction score
I'm still thinking once it's bulletproofed the advantages would be well worth it and I wouldn't have to pull it again hopefully. The next problem is to actually find one, I haven't seen one on craigslist in my area. Is pulling one of these out of the chassis fairly straightforward?

webb06

Reaction score
I'm still thinking once it's bulletproofed the advantages would be well worth it and I wouldn't have to pull it again hopefully. The next problem is to actually find one, I haven't seen one on craigslist in my area. Is pulling one of these out of the chassis fairly straightforward?

If you have that tool that ctc does then its like anything else. Nuts and bolts.

If you don't have the tool to bolt to the front then it'll be tricky. Whole front end has to come off basically

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387218671.900518.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
You can't get a chain and cherry picker in there. So that tool bolts to the front of the engine and then has a chain going towards the back to keep it level. You have to remove he oil pan if I remember right to get the engine in and out.

It's tight

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
It can be done with a cherry picker. And yes the pan and pick up tube have to be removed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online