6.0 head and valve job

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good machine shop to have the heads decked and a valve job in the bryan/college or San Antonio station area? Is it worth it to change push rods and valve springs while in there?

rustbucket

Reaction score
Try calling Diesel Innovations over in houston. their a vendor here, you can also message the owner dave lott (PowerstrokeRacer) on here i guess. If he is to far he can point you in the right direction, ther're good people over there. I dont know what your goals are for your truck but In my opinion when you got an engine tore down theres no better time to upgrade or replace parts since you got to pull them anyway.

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pulling the engine next week. Gonna give it a full top end rebuild and check the bottom end out. Gonna send injectors off to be rebuilt and modified. Anyone better than rcd? Read nothing but great stuff about those guys. Do they completely rebuild the injectors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rustbucket

Reaction score
RCD, Elite diesel, Full Force diesel and Swamps all do good work, give them a call and see what they offer. Are you going to be upgrading while you go her tore down? Like head studs, egr delete, oil cooler? If so i would call Elite diesel they have complete kits to take care of all the 6.0's problems. They do machine work, porting, long blocks. Why are you rebuilding your heads.

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
Just doing a valve job. Port and polish the head. Yes. Oil cooler, studs, gaskets. Getting a ported apex intake. 175/75 injectors and barder stage 2. Also regulated return. Maybe 100 shot for the track.

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
Off topic but does anyone have any experience with the rcd platinum head gaskets?

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Power Stroke Magic does good work.
I ended up having the dealership in El Campo do mine. I payed way too much...4200

CoastalF350

Reaction score
4200 isn't bad at all if its done properly. that's if it had new oil cooler, updates and stuff done as well.

That was head studs, new radiator lines, coolant flush, new breaks in front, oil, and belts... I got ripped off

Latest posts

Members online