6.0 help please

WichitaF250

Reaction score
Ok 05 85,xxx, had this truck for almost 5 years and not one problem besides plugged oil cooler x2. Replaced oil cooler 2 weeks ago went smooth as can be. Fast forward to yesterday wife called truck won't start after shopping crank no start finally started no pedal response after a few mintes ran fine.
Got truck home checked all fluids everything good, took it out drove it hard got it hot 205ish came home and shut it off started 20+ times within an hour no problem started up great. Replaced ipr with new ford unit worked good half a day.
Well did it again at drive through, cooled off started right up no issue. Today same thing tried to start after 5 min trip would startish low rpm 4-5 and die no pedal response. No codes batteries good ficim good 14+. Got a new crank sensor but it was broken and have to get another one tomorrow. What else to do

Irontx

Reaction score
Hot no starts sounds like hpo system...... stand pipe .... dummy plug..... stc fitting......need to scan it during no start.... check icp.... ipr duty cycle.....

WichitaF250

Reaction score
Ok I don't have access to that, without taking it somewhere. Is it normal for this if it's an hpop issue to start just suddenly as in 1 day or does it have other symptoms first

Irontx

Reaction score
Ok I don't have access to that, without taking it somewhere. Is it normal for this if it's an hpop issue to start just suddenly as in 1 day or does it have other symptoms first

It's pretty sketchy most the time.... starts out of the blue and gets worse as time goes on... Need to get it scanned .

german154

Reaction score
I just got mine back blew an o ring off the dummy plug driving down the interstate. No warning no symptoms just died and that was all she wrote

Sent while I should be doing something productive

Latest posts

Members online