6.0 loosing coolant please help

6.0stroker

Reaction score
I have a 2005 f250 6.0 with 109k the other day I plugged my sct in and set it on street and then next day started loosing coolant from degas bottle cap. Its not over filled cuz its been at the min level for months, What should I look for or do next?

JMart

Reaction score
could be a bad cap

is it smoking at all?

is there oil in the coolant?

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Ok I will have that done, I put it back to stock as soon as I found the coolant all over the inner fender and under hood, and its full still and runs fine

JMart

Reaction score
No smoking and I belive the cap is new

Believe or know? I believed my turbo to be new yet I had to replace it after 8k miles.

Are you still loosing coolant on a stock setting?

Do you have an egr delete installed?

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Im gonna buy new cap and its still loosing coolant on stock and no egr delete

6.0stroker

Reaction score
I checked the egr cooler and it looks black and dry and tried two new caps and both puke coolant out so I gotta get one of those prssure tester lol, where can I get one at

6.0stroker

Reaction score
I was just at napa and they dont have any 0-30 psi gauge they have the t fitting and hose but no gauge, snap on to pricy and take way to long to get I need to make a tester

6.0stroker

Reaction score
well i put together the pressure kit and it went to 20 psi, still puking coolant with 2 new caps and i the egr cooler is normal

6.0stroker

Reaction score
yup thats wat i thought to so i took it to ford today, havent herd nothin yet but im getting studs done and egr delete other than new gaskets and maybe new heads if their not junk

6.0stroker

Reaction score
my aftermaket warranty is gonna cover gaskets and heads if their bad i already have studs and delete ready to go in, so im gonna save alot of money

6.0stroker

Reaction score
after i get her back with studs and delete, ready to add some goodies and get more power lol

Latest posts

Members online