6.0 running great!

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Douchebag. Thanks for proving my point.

......and that makes you a dick head but I won't hold that against you.....and nobody's making you comment on my post....you can quit anytime.....or continue to be a dick head, your call.

Atsah

Reaction score
Before you thump your chest any louder, put some more miles on that truck. Nearly a year and 17k miles is laughable.

I think I got one of my 6.0's to run good for 17K Mike but, the rest of the combined 200K really sucked..

OP there are some lucky people that run there stock 6.0's in the perfect enviroments without issuses but compared to the build numbers, there are none to talk about.. Of course there are some here and there but the odds are stacked against you..

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
No dog in this fight but I love my 6.0 lol if ****s the bed it'll likely get a cummins but so far everything is decent and my deltas are 7-8*
Be careful how you speak of your 6.0 here on PSA, it appears that unless you have the mindset that the 6.0 is a POS and is just waiting to blow the heads off ......well, opinions aren't well received. A little more doom and gloom here than I need, If I want to depress I'll start drinking again.

swinky

Reaction score
If you bought a 6.0 and you're expecting it to not blow the heads off it you're a moron. Sure it "might" not but let's be real.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lassie

Reaction score
If you bought a 6.0 and you're expecting it to not blow the heads off it you're a moron. Sure it "might" not but let's be real.

A kid trying to make 600 hp with a truck that utilizes 4 bolts per cylinder SHOULD expect to lift the heads.

And Snake, you didn't quite translate my statement correctly earlier, but he accepted your version, I'm good with that.

swinky

Reaction score
A kid trying to make 600 hp with a truck that utilizes 4 bolts per cylinder SHOULD expect to lift the heads.

And Snake, you didn't quite translate my statement correctly earlier, but he accepted your version, I'm good with that.

Kid? I'm doing just fine. If an incompetent shop didn't stud my truck I'd be even better. They blow gaskets at stock power all the damn time. Keep your wishful thinking and I'll keep planning for the inevitable.

Snake

Reaction score
I think I got one of my 6.0's to run good for 17K Mike but, the rest of the combined 200K really sucked..

OP there are some lucky people that run there stock 6.0's in the perfect enviroments without issuses but compared to the build numbers, there are none to talk about.. Of course there are some here and there but the odds are stacked against you..

Mark - not surprisingly, my experiences are similar to yours. The amount of money I spent to keep my 6.0 on the road since 2005 (174k miles) is stupid. I'd certainly never encourage anyone I liked to buy one unless they knew what they were getting in to. LOL

Atsah

Reaction score
Mark - not surprisingly, my experiences are similar to yours. The amount of money I spent to keep my 6.0 on the road since 2005 (174k miles) is stupid. I'd certainly never encourage anyone I liked to buy one unless they knew what they were getting in to. LOL

I see no reason for anyone that knows how to wrench and has a bunch of cash to throw around and doesn't mind putting up with all the nonsense that the 6.0 is sure to provide to buy one but to consider driving a 6.0 17K miles and one year of trouble free service to be outstanding service is a joke..

I had a 2001 Taurus 3.0, I put 210K miles on it in in the ten years I owned it, I put maybe $800 into it in that timeframe, I consider that to be outstanding service from a vehicle..

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
I see no reason for anyone that knows how to wrench and has a bunch of cash to throw around and doesn't mind putting up with all the nonsense that the 6.0 is sure to provide to buy one but to consider driving a 6.0 17K miles and one year of trouble free service to be outstanding service is a joke..

I had a 2001 Taurus 3.0, I put 210K miles on it in in the ten years I owned it, I put maybe $800 into it in that timeframe, I consider that to be outstanding service from a vehicle..
I said my 6.0 was running great and that's been for seven years and 116,000 miles and yes, I know the entire history of the engine.
You all equated it to 'outstanding service' I hadn't thought of it as that but after listening to the pizzin & moaning on this site now I do.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
I can understand people's frustration. I wanted a King Ranch and a 6.0 is what was in my truck budget. I have quite a few friends with them and about 40% had problems. Of those 40%, 100% were self inflicted. I plan on deleting the EGR, studs and all that business but I've personally seen a 6.0 get you home even if it's hurt. My last truck (Cummins) left me stranded..not the motors fault since the torque converter seized and the truck was dead in the water. If this 6.0 fails it will become a Fummins

Atsah

Reaction score
I said my 6.0 was running great and that's been for seven years and 116,000 miles and yes, I know the entire history of the engine.
You all equated it to 'outstanding service' I hadn't thought of it as that but after listening to the pizzin & moaning on this site now I do.

If you were looking for anything other than the truth about the subject you are on the wrong forum, your not going to get a bunch of BS on this Forum just because it's a Ford forum and we are talking about a Ford product, all manufactures make good things and bad things, the 6.0 was a bad one for more people than any other diesel pickup they ever made, well International did but Ford let it out the door for 5 years, simple as that..

Seems to me you were looking for pissing and moaning to begin with..

Atsah

Reaction score
Considering a gas engine with good maintenance will last at least 200,000 miles, a diesel engine with good maintenance should last at least double that..

Get back to us when you have enough miles to talk about..

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
If you were looking for anything other than the truth about the subject you are on the wrong forum, your not going to get a bunch of BS on this Forum just because it's a Ford forum and we are talking about a Ford product, all manufactures make good things and bad things, the 6.0 was a bad one for more people than any other diesel pickup they ever made, well International did but Ford let it out the door for 5 years, simple as that..

Seems to me you were looking for pissing and moaning to begin with..
The thing about these PSD forums is it's where most with problems go to piss and moan....the rest are driving around turning diesel into smoke......if you want me that's were I'll be. have fun with it while you got it runnin'

Atsah

Reaction score
The thing about these PSD forums is it's where most with problems go to piss and moan....the rest are driving around turning diesel into smoke......if you want me that's were I'll be. have fun with it while you got it runnin'

I don't know what other forums you go on but this one is a little different.. There are lots of guys here that go out of there way for others at the drop of a hat, lots of people here know each other and have known each other for a long time, the list of members here is in my opinion a good bunch of people and if you hang around a while and lose the chip off your shoulder you will figure that out..

There are MANY guys here that have forgot more than you will ever know about your truck, so have a little respect and you will recieve the same in turn..

ford rules

Reaction score
Lol he drives a 6.0 and dosent think itll blow the head gaskets.... it prollay already has

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Lol he drives a 6.0 and dosent think itll blow the head gaskets.... it prollay already has
Not yet...lol, I'm keeping my fingers crossed though......has anyone considered consulting a :priest: before they try to get their 6.0 running, I'm thinking that might be a good course of action.

Snake

Reaction score
I don't know what other forums you go on but this one is a little different.. There are lots of guys here that go out of there way for others at the drop of a hat, lots of people here know each other and have known each other for a long time, the list of members here is in my opinion a good bunch of people and if you hang around a while and lose the chip off your shoulder you will figure that out..

There are MANY guys here that have forgot more than you will ever know about your truck, so have a little respect and you will recieve the same in turn..

Well said Mark.

Lassie

Reaction score
Not yet...lol, I'm keeping my fingers crossed though......has anyone considered consulting a :priest: before they try to get their 6.0 running, I'm thinking that might be a good course of action.

The good thing about the reputation they have, is the price is kept low, which is good for those of us that love them.

But, the reputation has definitely been earned too.

IMO, the 6.0 needs a certain owner...one who doesn't see a head gasket repair as a catastrophic engine failure, and is usually one willing to wrench. And usually enjoys it.

But as Atsah stated earlier, to most consumers, a 150K head gasket job is not acceptable for a diesel that was sold for a premium new. And if you have to pay to have this done elsewhere, it's never cheap.

I defend this engine because I know they can be made dependable, and are a blast to drive. But, I hope you don't expect to not spend money.

You will have a HPO leak, and/or
dead FICM, and/or
an injector or eight, and/or
stuck unison ring, and/or
popped egr cooler, and/or
clogged oil cooler, and/or many other things!

I guess what some of us enjoy is trying to defeat all of the typical issues, and finding the best and most cost efficient ways to do it. Kind of like a hobby. And the place to get most of this information is on this site, even from the guys who bash em now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.