6.0 sputters

zengarling

Reaction score
need help when my 03 6.0 sits for a while and you first start it it like sputter/no power but once it heats up it runs great any ideas to what it could be no codes no check engine light like I said once it warms up its fine I drained water sep changed both fuel filters and changed oil and filter all motor craft filters

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
what does "suppers" mean??!

sounds like it needs injectors.

zengarling

Reaction score
I was thinking injectors but if injectors or bad why wouldn't it happen all the time and only until it warms up

swinky

Reaction score
Toss some rev-X in it. Run a 5w-40 see what happens.

Could be the ficm but ehhhh..... Doubt it.

equalizier

Reaction score
Your injectors are sticking and will get worse the longer you go with out fixing the problem.When the injector sticks it interferes with the injection timing"this is where your truck suffers low on power".In most cases you can polish the spool valve and that will fix it.But you can also have a groove or slot put into the hot side of the injector solinoid.By doing this it allows the oil to drain off the back of the spool valve and also eliminates the suction pocket that is created when the spool valve is pulled across and snaps back causing the miss.If you look at the 05 and up injectors you will see that they have a small groove in the hot side.

Ford did this to try to eliminate the cold stiction issues but did not help it it needs to be bigger.You will be able to tell if the slot in the solinoid is doing it's job in cold weather climates because the oil is thicker and now will be able to drain off the back of the spool valve.But a lot of people run a thinner oil in the winter to help avoid this problem"stiction" and switch back to 15w/40 in the summer.

You can also use rev x,ar9100,snake oil exc but I will say by doing this you just added 60 or so bucks to every oil change.You can pull the injectors and fix the problem in a couple of hours well I can any ways.I would say a person that is fairly mechanically inclined could do this in well under a day.I will be more than happy to walk you through it or you can research on here and fined the necessary steps either way good luck and take your time and do it right the first time.

Latest posts

Members online