6.0L Injector Install Bits.

BogginF350

Reaction score
In the last week we have had multiple instances of customers breaking the solenoid off of their injectors during installation. This happens on the closed side (Black and White) wires.

Installation requires the use of a "long" style T40 or T45 bit during installation. Use of a "short" version will pry against the solenoid and break the terminals from the injector causing a missfire. This also does not allow a accurate torque value to be applied to the hold down bolt. Loosening of this bolt can allow fuel to enter the cylinder around the injector body and cause catastrophic engine damage. Also be sure to use a calibrated torque wrench 3/8" drive and torque to 37nm or 28lbft.

This type of damage is not a "Warrantable" issue and you will be charged for replacement components and testing of each broken injector.

Proper tools are available from us for $19 plus shipping or below.

Snap On
Socket Driver, TORX®, Long, T40 31.75 USD
Item: FTXL40E / FTXL45E

Matco Tools
BTXL40/BTXL45
EXTRA LONG TORX BIT T40 $17.75

Attachments

• 6.0L Torx TSB.jpg
    6.0L Torx TSB.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 98

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I was working on lances truck at his house and didnt have one. We found one at autozone that works. It's a Cheapo duralast brand but if someone just needed it once it would be a cheaper option that could be had that day. It came in a pack of 4 bits t40,t45,t50 and t55 I believe.

the chad

Reaction score
I have the snap on one, a very good investment, makes it alot easier.

loboost

Reaction score
I was working on lances truck at his house and didnt have one. We found one at autozone that works. It's a Cheapo duralast brand but if someone just needed it once it would be a cheaper option that could be had that day. It came in a pack of 4 bits t40,t45,t50 and t55 I believe.

I've used this very one several times when I couldn't find my long ones. They get the job done.

Only obnoxious part for me is the bottom far 2 oil rail bolts,t30 iirc, on the passenger side Lol. I hate em

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
This is a huge issue that if the customer has good directions (I did) or a great you tube video (I did) wouldn't rear it's head during install. It doesn't even make sense to use a short torx as it side loads like crazy and just doesn't seem or feel right.

I like the fact that you posted this to get the info out. No need of broken wallets or injectors for anyone.

Latest posts

Members online