6.4 2.5 pulling truck build

gman1

Reaction score
Had a good weekend. Pulled Saturday and Sunday with no issues. Took 3rd both days. Sunday we had 10 trucks in the 2.5 class with 2 3.0 trucks pulling exhibition with us. I beat both 3.0 trucks. Super happy!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Had a good weekend. Pulled Saturday and Sunday with no issues. Took 3rd both days. Sunday we had 10 trucks in the 2.5 class with 2 3.0 trucks pulling exhibition with us. I beat both 3.0 trucks. Super happy!

Wow, that is impressive. Good job man.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
It was nice getting to meet you and look the truck over Sunday. Good job and good luck on the rest of the season!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gman1

Reaction score
Congrats man, glad to see it going so well.
Thanks!
Wow, that is impressive. Good job man.
Thanks!
It was nice getting to meet you and look the truck over Sunday. Good job and good luck on the rest of the season!

Good to meet you too and thanks! Your truck looked good out there on the track.
we going to get to see some videos?

Im trying. The only one out there right now is on book face.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks!

Good to meet you too and thanks! Your truck looked good out there on the track.

Im trying. The only one out there right now is on book face.
Yeah it's got a long ways to go. It's the first year for this truck. Just plann on getting the drive line and suspension figured out. Next year I'll bring on the HP.

I should have dropped my hook. I blew the tires off the first 15' and it started to hop. So I peddled it and got it back on track. Cost me major ground. But I thought 310.77' was a good hook... well it is for down home. You boys up north don't mess around. 1st put 7' on me!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah it's got a long ways to go. It's the first year for this truck. Just plann on getting the drive line and suspension figured out. Next year I'll bring on the HP.

I should have dropped my hook. I blew the tires off the first 15' and it started to hop. So I peddled it and got it back on track. Cost me major ground. But I thought 310.77' was a good hook... well it is for down home. You boys up north don't mess around. 1st put 7' on me!

you are supposed to peddel easy and keep it from hopping! lol i dont have that problem.. i dont make enough power to have to pedel out..

live life full throttle

njjeep

Reaction score
94a6729b45d05330d4f25c2a1e2a84b5.jpg

My friend broke the back half of his zf6. It wasn't a pulling truck but it was lifted about 10" on 40's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstroked08

Reaction score
That's a good running 6.4 nice build! Are you running the stock output shaft on that tranny? I always heard pulling a Zf6 in high range was hard on parts!

I've heard this as well but to this day I can't understand the reasoning. I mean if your final drive ratio is the same or close to it. How in the world can it be harder on parts? Yes going to say 4th high range is stupid, but 4th low and 2nd high (1st on the stick) are not far off of each other. So how is it that bad on stuff?

Rubenk

Reaction score
I've heard this as well but to this day I can't understand the reasoning. I mean if your final drive ratio is the same or close to it. How in the world can it be harder on parts? Yes going to say 4th high range is stupid, but 4th low and 2nd high (1st on the stick) are not far off of each other. So how is it that bad on stuff?

The difference is going to be where the torque multiplication occurs. It will change where the majority of the stress is applied to hard parts.

E.G., in low range, everything upstream from the t-case has an easier time twisting, and everything downstream will be placed under the same overall torque.

In high-range, all the stress is placed on the trans(or clutch). So yea, anything after the t-case will generally see the same loads and stress.

Latest posts

Members online