6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

Stroked777

Reaction score
What so you have to modify in the engine to run those Rpms? I thought some one said that after 5000 the oil is actually wiped from the bearings

Reaction score
What so you have to modify in the engine to run those Rpms? I thought some one said that after 5000 the oil is actually wiped from the bearings

A bearing is a bearing. Oil is oil. It makes no difference if it's a diesel or a gas. The bearings, crank and rods are fine to any rpm as long as they stay balanced and within their material strength threshold. 6k rpm is nothing. We turn big blocks that have heavier crank and pistons to 9000+. Injection and air flow are the biggest limiting factors to a diesel.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Ok I was just curious. I thought someone said they these motors will start to lose oil on bearings at 5k, I wanna up my rev limiter now from 4300, I believe the cam I got is a 0-5000 rpm range cam, but I also have a stock bottoms end, so it's probably got a good idea

madman1234509

Reaction score
I wouldn't... that high of rpm you're way out of the power range for stock size turbos. Not really worth the effort and strain on the engine. Plus I'm not really sure a stage one cam is ment for 5000rpm. I could be wrong though.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Ok I was just curious. I thought someone said they these motors will start to lose oil on bearings at 5k, I wanna up my rev limiter now from 4300, I believe the cam I got is a 0-5000 rpm range cam, but I also have a stock bottoms end, so it's probably got a good idea

I'd be more worried about the valve train than bottom end at those RPMs.

Reaction score
uhe9any9.jpg

eguqeter.jpg

These should help

ford141

Reaction score
Wasn't there a similar failure like this at a pull in clarion PA, Eric George's 6.4. he broke the ball joints and he developed a nice stance (little joke there) I wonder what he did to remedy the problem

I believe he just replaced them with new OEM ball joints. That front axle took a beating for years prior to this as he battled front axle hop, so there was no shame in a ball joint letting go. I've seen that front axle off the ground on numerous occasions.

Latest posts

Members online