6.4 2016 Oil Recommendation

Mike_D

Reaction score
Ive been doing a lot of searching recently on best oil for the 6.4, but coming up with a lot of dated discussions. Now that these trucks have been on the road a while longer I figured I'd start a current oil thread.

I have been running Rotella T6 5w40 for the past year and have no complaints. Is there anything better? What are you running?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I run whatever of the big 3 is on sale... Rotella, Delo, or Valvoline...

I've never had an oil-related failure on any of my trucks including my five 6.4's. I shoot for 5k OCI, but I don't beat myself up if I'm on the highway a lot and go 8-10k miles.

Just heads on one of my old trucks at 200k, and the rockers and lifters were perfect

Mike_D

Reaction score
I run whatever of the big 3 is on sale... Rotella, Delo, or Valvoline...

I've never had an oil-related failure on any of my trucks including my five 6.4's. I shoot for 5k OCI, but I don't beat myself up if I'm on the highway a lot and go 8-10k miles.

Just heads on one of my old trucks at 200k, and the rockers and lifters were perfect

Is this running 15w40? Thats good news.

gabrielchartrand

Reaction score
That's always nice to hear. I've noticed that people who have issues with these trucks it's all because of improper maintenance. Keep it maintained at it will last a very long time with few issues.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
id never run a synthetic in a common rail truck. Why? Us HEUI guys are the only ones that really need good oil cause were constantly beating it up. CR engines arent.

Latest posts

Members online