6.4 aftermarket HPFP to stay single fueler

78f100

Reaction score
As of now yes, I keep hearing of some coming out but as far as I know they are not ready yet.

brianb7.3

Reaction score
What really sucks is spending all the money on a build to run in illinois "workstock".. Class.....and if you want to run in that class you had better bring 700 plus to the table or not even bother......or we have the option to go 2.6 and pull but not be competitive....which limits all of our abilities....of course I'm speaking of trailer trucks that aren't anywhere near workstock.......what a joke...

78f100

Reaction score
From what I understand Elite is pretty close on one. Its good they take the time to test it out really well so it doesnt end up like the II pump. I didnt want dual fuelers but I went ahead and got one anyway, I dont pull though.

B585Ford

Reaction score
What really sucks is spending all the money on a build to run in illinois "workstock".. Class.....and if you want to run in that class you had better bring 700 plus to the table or not even bother......or we have the option to go 2.6 and pull but not be competitive....which limits all of our abilities....of course I'm speaking of trailer trucks that aren't anywhere near workstock.......what a joke...

No competitions for my truck but I would like to add some fuel without going to duals so I really hope Elites' turns out to be the real deal...reliable and able to maintain RP with 85 HPs.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Best part, The guys @ UPA decided Dodges can run a 66mm charger and dual pumps in work stock now. Which means the scales are going to continue to tip in their favor. Josh and I are pushing to get them to allow dual ford pumps if they plan on that. Because in all reality, I dont drive my truck very much, because my II pump is showing its age, and I dont wanna pull my cab again.

A 6.4 with dual stock displacement pumps would be VERY reliable, unlike mine.. They want a work stock class, but to make a competetive 6.4, they push us past the limits of reliable

Reaction score
If there gets to be a point that the 6.4 has no aftermarket single pump, then hopefully we can get dual fuelers brought in. The cummins are already allowed to run dual pumps and they have all kinds of aftermarket cp3s. Ford will and has always been persecuted in any Motorsports competition.

The guy in the rules meeting this year that wanted to run his twin cp3 cummins says he will not run a big single pump because they are not reliable.........sound familiar?

Sent while hooked to something, somewhere, with my foot through the floor!

Reaction score
That depends on how you look at it. II pumps are ready to ship. Waiting for a dual fuel set up can at times take forever. Time is money.

That's gonna change soon. There are several companies working on kits to satisfy that need in the market. Look for there to be soon some new options for dual fuelers.

Sledneck57

Reaction score
That's gonna change soon. There are several companies working on kits to satisfy that need in the market. Look for there to be soon some new options for dual fuelers.

But they've been saying that about the singles for a long time as well

brianb7.3

Reaction score
I guess my main point is that a guy who spends 25 to 30 thousand dollars on a build wants reliability..I know with any modifications other than factory we are running a risk of trouble..I'm fully aware of that..but with that being said I really don't think anyone would run a big single pump if the rules allowed duel fuelers in the classes and then the reliability issue would be lessened a great deal..I will never understand how organizations want new people to pull every year but they set the scales against others from the starting point.

Reaction score
Most all would like more reliability. If you could get a reliable single pump that just bolts in then most people would go that route. The fact is that they are not as reliable. The downside to dual fuelers is the added cluster of two pumps, special cac piping and elbow, added belts pulleys and tensioner, not to mention the fuel lines.

The problem with the stock class is everyone forgets that it was designed to be for street driven truck that have a stock appearing engine with the allocation for some modifications. If they don't put limits ie: stock appearing turbos and stock appearing single pumps, then where does it stop. The stock appearing class in any event has never been cheap because there are ones who spends the most to make stock appearing run good. There will always be someone who will take the risk of ruining their streetability, reliability and money so they can be first in stock class.

I don't agree with the cummins allowed to run dual pumps without all the rest of us being able too as well.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
What sense is there in allowing Cummins to have unlimited fuel and a PSD to not?

I say instead of letting the fords go to duals take the class back to singles all the way around! This would make it quite a bit more like a "stock" class right?

Reaction score
What sense is there in allowing Cummins to have unlimited fuel and a PSD to not?

I say instead of letting the fords go to duals take the class back to singles all the way around! This would make it quite a bit more like a "stock" class right?

I agree.

The reason that they allowed the cummins a little leeway is that in the stock appearing turbo class they have a disadvantage. The rules meeting allowed them to do that because the cummins crowd are not competing well with the dmax and psd. They were trying to help sway some more trucks into that class.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.