6.4 boost/mileage question

08Monster

Reaction score
Just trailered it to the shop, hooked up a nice scan tool, and they can't find any codes... It runs fine now. Idles smooth, no smoke, none of my previous issues. Wtf is up with this thing?

ckrueg

Reaction score
The ebp tube might have thawed. When it got really cold, my truck did some weird things, sometimes it would have no boost, other times it would overboost, but once it warmed up it was fine. Also my truck didn't throw any codes.

08Monster

Reaction score
Did it ever rough idle, and have a 600rpm lope? Haha it would almost die, than rev up and was blowing a TON of white smoke at idle, throwing those 4 codes. Let it sit for 3 days, runs fine, no codes

Halvy85

Reaction score
When I had an injector going out on mine it would run rough like that and blow a ton of white smoke. That could throw those contribution codes. I still think that those crazy boost and ebp levels are probably a a bad sensor or ebp tube. Seems strange it goes away every time it warms up. I pulled that crossover pipe off and moved the sensor up top and never had an issue with mine freezing up again.

Latest posts

Members online