6.4 conversion

twisted stroke

Reaction score
Well got the 6.0 engine out today and the wirring harness pulled out . Tomo it will be time to start getting everything prep to put its new powerplant in a 6.4 :D

twisted stroke

Reaction score
yeah this is going to be my pulling truck .I came across a wreaked 6.4 and could not pass it up .

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Are you doing front end conversion also....if not how are you going to mount all those Damn coolers? lol

twisted stroke

Reaction score
I have been looking at that and i mite try and do a front end conversion but u still have to cut and weld .... i mite also try to make and or use the brakets from the 6.4 on my 06 but i am not sure on what direction to go with that . I am changing the dash so i can just plug all that into the wiring harness . The zf6 i have will bolt right up to the 6.4 so that shouldnt be a problem.

twisted stroke

Reaction score
yeah my 6.0 has been nothing but problems and it only had 80000 on it. It sat alot because i have other trucks to drive and the injectors or the seals in the turbo or head gaskets it was always something .I am building a pulling truck so i want the power of the 6.4 .

BFT

Reaction score
I'd leave the 6.0 front end and try to make stuff work. If its a pulling truck I wouldn't think you would need all the coolers?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree 6.0 radiator is still decent sized and should be good, i personally like 05-07 front ends better anyway so i would just try and make it work.

Latest posts

Members online