6.4 converter always locked up

6fostroker

Reaction score
So I just put a new stage 3 twisted diesel transmission in and it seems like the converter is always locked up. What can I do? And should I be having this problem? I put the truck in drive and it just goes. It doesn't want to stop.. Same thing with reverse. Please help me out

Rubenk

Reaction score
Will it kill the engine if you stop? If not, then its just a tight converter. Mine will take off at idle when in gear as well.

Do you have a monitor? Should tell if converter is locked or not.

6fostroker

Reaction score
Yes fluid level is good and it just makes a nasty binding noise while in drive and I try to stop it. It feels like it will kill the Motor but I just throw it back into neutral so it doesn't damage anything. I need to figure out what's wrong with this thing. It the second time I put it in because the first time I put it in it did the same thing. I took it out to make sure the convert was seater right and it was. Everything was fine.

mandkole

Reaction score
Has Twisted not given you any help at all? You opened up a new trans issue in an earlier thread for the same problems.. Sounds like you're twisting in the wind (pun intended)

That trans is not right -- unless you've not troubleshot the solenoids for performance, Id be yarding that thing out and sending it back.

6fostroker

Reaction score
Nope no help from them at all. I have called them asking for help and all I was told to do was to pull the trans back out and make sure the converter was seated right. Which it was

Reaction score
What did the stator seal look like??

When u seat the converter its not just making sure its seated but needs to be done with a little skill and finess. The stator seal cracked damaged or worn will cause the tcc clutch to drag on the liner and damage converter.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Nope no help from them at all. I have called them asking for help and all I was told to do was to pull the trans back out and make sure the converter was seated right. Which it was
That was a stupid suggestion. If the converter wasn't seated right it would have damaged the pump and the trans wouldn't have worked. It would not cause the converter to stay locked.

You have either a bad solenoid, a stuck control valve, a short in the wiring, a missing seal on the input shaft, or a bad converter. Have you checked for stored codes?

6.4f350

Reaction score
That was a stupid suggestion. If the converter wasn't seated right it would have damaged the pump and the trans wouldn't have worked. It would not cause the converter to stay locked.
This. A converter that isn't correctly seated will usually trash the pump and lock everything up solid.

Reaction score
:thumbup:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fostroker View Post

You have either a bad solenoid, a stuck control valve, a short in the wiring, a missing seal on the input shaft, or a bad converter. Have you checked for stored codes?

Latest posts

Members online