6.4 Degas bottle contents?

stallman29

Reaction score
Just bought a 2010 6.4 w/32k miles 1 owner, bone stock. Purchased from a dealer & truck had no records of warranty work on file, its very clean inside & out. I noticed on the inside of the coolant degas bottle there is some crud built up, like a scaley film around the cold fill mark where the coolant level stays. its brown, as was the coolant. took it to a dealer & had the system flushed & new coolant added, the dealership seemed to think it was just dirty. Is it something i should worry about before voiding my warranty with tuner exhaust ect? Truck runs fine no issues with heat, coolant loss or or puking. anything else i need to check or any more threads on the subject? Any helpful info greatly appreciated! thanks!

capt dong

Reaction score
could be casting and the silicates from the ford gold coolant. mine had heavy build up. did a proper flush and filled with cat ec1 coolant. been good since. too bad the radiator still sucks.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
They all will do that if not flushed. Like above along with the casting process has crap precipitate out during heat cycles and the vibration of the engine. Now that you had the system flushed put a coolant filter on it and you will be shocked on what stays in the filter.

Latest posts

Members online