6.4 dyno question

strokinpower

Reaction score
I hope I'm asking this in the right place but went to Rudy's yesterday and was the first one on the dyno. On the first pull the bottom intercooler boot blew off and I made 602.58/1082.77. I put the boot back on and snugged them all down and on the 2nd pull only made 549.16/999.31 and third pull made 550.33/983.38. Do you think I have a leaking boot or what else could have caused an instant loss of 50 hp. I also was thinking with my mods I should have been around 650ish.
20140316_142822_zpsvmaikjhm.jpg

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
my guess is sitting there puting the boot back on heat soaked it pretty good, or something changed on the tune, easy to do when you get in and out.

without a good data log its really impossible to blame any one thing

strokinpower

Reaction score
I guess I'm going to order some boots for it this week. I was looking at the riffraff ones and the diesel site ones. Any one better than the other. I see mishimoto is making them now too.

On a side note I also ran down the track a few times with a best 1/8 time of 8.16 seconds which is just about the exact same time I ran before I but these heavy wheels and tires on it. I was hoping to break into the 7's

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I guess I'm going to order some boots for it this week. I was looking at the riffraff ones and the diesel site ones. Any one better than the other. I see mishimoto is making them now too.

On a side note I also ran down the track a few times with a best 1/8 time of 8.16 seconds which is just about the exact same time I ran before I but these heavy wheels and tires on it. I was hoping to break into the 7's

How are your 60' times?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.