6.4 in a 79 F250?? 2.6 pull truck possibilities

Reaction score
After reading several threads on the success of the 6.4 builds I have come to my senses, but I would like to go a different route possibly, how hard would it be to plumb up a 6.4 in a 79' F250 chassis. I have a friend that has an old gasser chassis that may sell it so I have a potential candidate for a 6.4 transplant. What would I need to produce enough power to make it 2.6 possible, I've kinda dropped the whole P-pump 7.3 idea even after I did buy a pump (useable core).. I see 6.4s being a very competitive engine now adays and holding up with minimal problems, and I don't wanna be just another guy with a 5.9 in an ole F250.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

gman1

Reaction score
With all the sensors and crap on these 6.4,s it might be easier to find a rolled over 08-10 and just transfer the cab and bed over. Of course you would need the instrument panel from the 6.4 for it to run. JMO.
And yes give Morgan a call he knows what it takes for the 6.4,s to be competitive in 2.6.

wjamesm

Reaction score
I've Often wondered about using a International Maxxforce 6.4 for something like this . Do they have a standalone computer for the cab and chassis configuration ? and then trying to find one also .

Latest posts

Members online