6.4 No Boost or Power!

skate918

Reaction score
Here's a quick run down on my truck. I purchased it around the first of the year and it had already been tuned and had both the EGR and *** ******d. As far as tuning goes I am not sure what tube is uploaded into the truck. Previous owner was unsure also.

The EGR up pipe was also unbolted and pushed back and the block off plate was mounted directly behind the turbo. Who ever installed this part had the right idea but had zero mechanical knowledge or skills. They drilled the block off plate, put a 45 degree brass fitting into the EBP sensor snd then JB Welded them into the joke on the block off plate.

The truck ran perfect up until a couple of weeks ago which is when I discovered how the EBP sensor was mounted. I pulled it off and cleaned everything up and put together a tube that what tap into the hole that was previously drilled so that the sensor would not be mounted right next the engine. At the same time I installed a new sensor. This seemed to fix the problem for a few days but now the truck has no power until around 30mph.

My Edge Insight shows three little dots until you reach around 30 mph and then it will begin reading 0-3 pounds of boost or so.

I pulled the map sensor out and it was heavily clicked and so was the port on the intake for the sensor. I have also tested the turbo actuator and it seems to be working as it should.

I am hoping to pic up s new map sensor today and try my luck there. I've read what seems like hundreds of similar problems online but have not been able to resolve mine. Any help would be great! I drive the truck around 110 miles a day for work.

skate918

Reaction score
I pulled a map sensor off a buddies truck and it did not make a difference on mine. I also put on the old EBP sensor and that did not change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skate918

Reaction score
I would check the wiring in the connectors for the MAP and the EBP.

Who ever did the EGR ****** and EBP relocation left about 1/2 inch worth of wires when they spliced in the longer wires. I've noticed bare wire by the plug and a couple of the pins seem to be looser then they should be.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Pigtails arent too much from ford. Check with sunrise on price, it is a normal ebp/icp pigtail for both. If you have bare wire, it could be shorting out, or corroded internally to where it isnt reading properly.

skate918

Reaction score
I replaced the pig tail to the EBP sensor last night and truck seems to be back to normal!

Latest posts

Members online