6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
holy big weight bracket. how much weight can you hang up there and be legal? looks good though!

live life full throttle

Yeah I may trim the plate down it turned out pretty big but I'm hoping once the logo is on there and it's painted up nice it'll look better on the truck. I only have 400lbs of weights right now I should be able to hang this season, we built it to hang 4 weights off each side so 800lbs but I'll most likely have to remove back seat and tailgate to be able to hang more then 400lbs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah I may trim the plate down it turned out pretty big but I'm hoping once the logo is on there and it's painted up nice it'll look better on the truck. I only have 400lbs of weights right now I should be able to hang this season, we built it to hang 4 weights off each side so 800lbs but I'll most likely have to remove back seat and tailgate to be able to hang more then 400lbs.
ahhh 10-4.. i can only hang 300-400 lbs depending on whos scale i am on so i just made a bracket that holds 5 suitcase weights and to bolt to the drivers side tow hook.. my truck rasies the drivers side bumper like 6 inches without weight. about 2 inches with 400lbs on it..

live life full throttle

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
ahhh 10-4.. i can only hang 300-400 lbs depending on whos scale i am on so i just made a bracket that holds 5 suitcase weights and to bolt to the drivers side tow hook.. my truck rasies the drivers side bumper like 6 inches without weight. about 2 inches with 400lbs on it..

live life full throttle

Yeah we're an 8200lb class the truck weighs about 7750 right now with no weight added. I may be running duals on the rear once I get a trailer to float it to the pulls, I'm one of only 2 trucks in the class now not running duals lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah we're an 8200lb class the truck weighs about 7750 right now with no weight added. I may be running duals on the rear once I get a trailer to float it to the pulls, I'm one of only 2 trucks in the class now not running duals lol
yeah, thats the same weight class i run. my dually is gutted and can only hang the 300 or 400lbs. thats with a 1/4 tank of fuel.. lol she's a heavy bish..

live life full throttle

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Just a few small things left to do and a good once over and she's ready to rock tomorrow night, hoping the rain in the forecast will hold off!
Did the logo up myself, not perfect but it'll do for a few pulls.
f01d3403b9829d54f247ad533464c6b1.jpg

bc259afd0f6fb9e74586301bbd4bc9d6.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Well had some bad luck last night. Track was super tight from all the rain the day before, lots of trucks bouncing bad, few broken driveline parts from some trucks. My pull didn't go so well...shifter bumped up from 3rd into D when I tightened the chain up, didn't think to check when I was spooling up to take off so truck ended up shifting thru all the gears and went under the turbo at 98' once it got to 4th tc locked didn't have enough rpm to stay ontop of the turbo, went back for a retry since I stopped before 100' but I guess the trans went into a limp mode it was stuck in 4th wouldn't let me pull 3rd so I unhooked from the sled and drove off the track. Shut the truck down and cleared the codes it's all good now drove it home and it's fine...better luck next time!

devdiesel

Reaction score
At least you drove it home! That's one of the reasons I chose the drag racing root. Sucks when you only get one hook instead of 5-10 passes at an event depending on what classes you run. But theirs a bunch more local events so I guess it evens out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
That sucks, but at least you got to drive it home. ZF6 time!!

Oh I've wanted a zf6 for a long time! Love watching zf6 pullers, might be on the agenda for next winter as long as this trans holds up for the season.

could have been worse!!!

live life full throttle

Yep lots of carnage last night! The top layer of the track was super tight so lots of the lower power classes were just hopping down the track cause they couldn't break thru the tight track.

On a side not the truck weighed in at 8320lbs with me, full weight and interior, all my tools and supplies and 4 100lb weights off the front, and half a tank of fuel, had to take 1 weight off to be able to pull but I should be able to hang 4 no problem next time.

B585Ford

Reaction score
ZF6 are nice DD too.
Glad to hear you were able to drive it home. So when's the next pull?

Latest posts

Members online