6.4 regen question

Sky's 250

Reaction score
My 08 250 has thrown code p2002 twice in the last 1000 miles. The check engine light comes on and my obd reader says code p2002. Diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold. The code clears itself after some time.

Is this regular? Just the regen cycle? I have yet to see any regen messages on the dash. Just the check engine light. I have read that this is a soft code and that is why it clears itself once the regen is complete...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky's 250

Reaction score
Also I have a banks intake and exhaust not sure if that will effect this.

How do I know if my truck is in a regen cycle as well. Other than the change in rpms and fuel mileage. Something I should know

Sky's 250

Reaction score
I'll pull out the filter and give it a good cleaning just incase

gman1

Reaction score
My 08 250 has thrown code p2002 twice in the last 1000 miles. The check engine light comes on and my obd reader says code p2002. Diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold. The code clears itself after some time.

Is this regular? Just the regen cycle? I have yet to see any regen messages on the dash. Just the check engine light. I have read that this is a soft code and that is why it clears itself once the regen is complete...

It is more than likely your intake. Dont worry about it.
Do a system check and if it is in regen it will be in the display.

Latest posts

Members online