6.4 shut off/no start

Lassie

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a buddy who called me tonight with a problem. Truck shut down on way to work and he had it towed to his house. He sent me a code list from a XRT pro and thats all I have so far.

P0703
P0362
B368C
P0000

Not getting much info on these codes searching either. Anybody got any ideas?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
P0703 Brake Switch B Input Circuit

P0362 Ignition Coil L Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction Are you sure that's the right code that it threw?

B368C cant find info on this code

P0000: No Diagnostic Trouble Codes Found

Lassie

Reaction score
yes, heres the pic he sent. Those tuners may not pull correctly though. They dont seem to know what any code is.

Attachments

• codes.JPG
    codes.JPG
    903.8 KB · Views: 33

Lassie

Reaction score
I'm gonna run over and scan it tomorrow after work for him. Just thought some of you guys would recognize these and jump all over the problem before I get there.

Lassie

Reaction score
He filled me in today that it started with a P2291 - low injection pressure, so we're gonna be checking out fuel system.

My question is if we determine that its a bad HPFP and find no metal in filters, what all gaskets/pieces do we need to do this? Part numbers?

Many say this has to be done cab off, but we will be doing cab on. Any tips on that are welcome too.

Again, it may end up being a lift pump or something else, but I just would like to have the list ready.

Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
if it is the hpfp then the turbos have to come out to do it cab on. it is a little easire with the trans out as well. not very fun to say the least. White Monster could probably give you some more tips.

Lassie

Reaction score
What we did this weekend...

Pulled codes - only code that mattered, 2291 - low icp cranking
Monitored while cranking - FRP reaches 4461 and basically flatlines there
Changed both fuel filters, no metal or shavings, but nasty.
Lift pump fills bowl very quickly, so didn't measure base fp.
Monitored after filters - frp still reaches 4461 only.

My thoughts are either hp pump or frp sensor. I'm leaning toward changing the sensor first, due to ease, but this doesn't seem like a likely failure mode for it. Has anyone seen a failing sensor fail this way, or is that just a pipe dream?

Latest posts

Members online