6.4 single turbo

krugmk61

Reaction score
Looking into getting the h&s single kit. How do these single conversions effect mpg and HP if I went with the smallest turbo option they give you? Can't really find an answer anywhere. Also will headstuds, injectors, and a fass be enough to support it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
Looking into getting the h&s single kit. How do these single conversions effect mpg and HP if I went with the smallest turbo option they give you? Can't really find an answer anywhere. Also will headstuds, injectors, and a fass be enough to support it.

Shouldn't effect driving if the proper tuning is done. I would say get studs but I don't think they are needed with what your trying to do. And stock injectors are fine no need for bigger and a fass or airdog isn't needed either but if you want you can throw it on there

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

stock injectors will be fine up to 650-700hp , it really depends on how you want it to drive and what you want out of it. you shouldn't see any decrease in mpg, sometimes its a bit better . i think a 64 or 66 is a great fit .

6.4f350

Reaction score
The H&S single kit with their turbo is very close to stock drivability, obviously there is a bit more lag since you're going to a single from compounds but it's not a huge change. It makes a ton of power on stock fuel and sounds great. I never calculated mileage consistently before or after the swap but the fuel mileage is as good as you can expect from one of these trucks. I don't have any regrets about the swap.

krugmk61

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the help guys. How much do you think a shop would charge for the install is says can be don't without removing the cab

6.4f350

Reaction score
No idea on cost, I did mine myself. The worst part will be the up pipe bolts in the factory turbos if they haven't been out for a while. Other than that it's pretty simple.

krugmk61

Reaction score
No idea on cost, I did mine myself. The worst part will be the up pipe bolts in the factory turbos if they haven't been out for a while. Other than that it's pretty simple.
The directions make it seem complicated. You did it cab on right?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I ran a billet 366 from Midwest, with gear_head tunes it drove very similar to stock. With tons of power and low to no smoke, yes it has little slower spool but it's nothing to be worked up about. It takes alittle to learn how the truck drives, but you will love it in the end (well atleast I did LOL).

The right tuning will go a long ways on how the truck drives.

On the SCT platform (which is the tuner I had on the truck at the time.)

GH IMO drove the best, had the most power and the lowest EGT, OD lockout with the T/H button helps a ton if you are in a hilly area.

(Truck was on 35s with 3.55s on stock fuel and transmission.)

Mike (bigrpowr) above can get ya with all the parts you need.

6.4f350

Reaction score
The directions make it seem complicated. You did it cab on right?

Yeah, absolutely no need to do anything with the cab unless something goes really sideways with the up pipe bolts.

krugmk61

Reaction score
What have you guys been using for tuning I already have a mini maxx

6.4f350

Reaction score
I just run the canned H&S single tune. It's a free download on their site, you just need to purchase the MCC unlock code. It's runs good, the shift points are a little high for my liking but it's not a deal breaker.

krugmk61

Reaction score
I just run the canned H&S single tune. It's a free download on their site, you just need to purchase the MCC unlock code. It's runs good, the shift points are a little high for my liking but it's not a deal breaker.
When did you get that because their website is shut down now

6.4f350

Reaction score
Oh, didn't know that. This was over a year ago. I can send you the tune files, you'll just need an MCC unlock code.

krugmk61

Reaction score
Oh, didn't know that. This was over a year ago. I can send you the tune files, you'll just need an MCC unlock code.
Ya if you could send me that, that would be awesome

Latest posts

Members online