6.7 Code Issues, Lets Discuss

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Alright,

I'm at my witts end.

2014 F450, Delete Pipe, Mini Maxx.

New MAF Sensor

8700 Miles

Has a code for Mass Air Flow Circuit High, and Lost Communication To Glow Plug Module.

The GPM code has been gone for months, and just came back today.

Just updated to the newest Ford Calibration, supposedly fixes the glow plug module code.. I call BS

And the MAF code is there. The H&S is completely updated.

Im scratching my head here. I need this thing straightened out.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Setting a code with a stock intake? You didn't list an aftermarket one in your post, but I know you're pretty fond of the S&B units...

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Why don't you pull that thick bitch in the shop while you're working magic on the phone lines?

We did today. Levi updated it. I replaced the sensor. How do you fix a lost communication and an error code for a new sensor?

The intake is stock. I love my S&B's but this is a stock one unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpoage

Reaction score
Check fuse #36 in the battery Junction box. If it's bad then unplug your nox module completely and install a new fuse. I am willing to put money on it that that is your problem.

jordan572

Reaction score
Check fuse #36 in the battery Junction box. If it's bad then unplug your nox module completely and install a new fuse. I am willing to put money on it that that is your problem.

I guess I don't understand the exact issue going on but fwiw Bentley did tell me that the Nox sensor is on the same circuit as the glow plug module. You short out your Nox for some reason you loose your glow plugs. Good luck.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the exact issue going on but fwiw Bentley did tell me that the Nox sensor is on the same circuit as the glow plug module. You short out your Nox for some reason you loose your glow plugs. Good luck.

My truck had the same exact problem. When I was trying to diagnose it we found that it had no power going to the MAF so we found out what fuse it was and replaced it and as soon as it was put in it blew. We seen that the glow plug control module and nox module shared the fuse with the MAF so I just unplugged the nox module since I didn't need it anyway and away went my problem. I don't really know why it went bad because it obviously wasn't being used but it shorted out for some reason.

super_duty08

Reaction score
We did today. Levi updated it. I replaced the sensor. How do you fix a lost communication and an error code for a new sensor?

The intake is stock. I love my S&B's but this is a stock one unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot in the dark would be whatever module(s) in that circuit could have a fault. I tried to find a wiring diagram with no luck sorry amigo

jordan572

Reaction score
My truck had the same exact problem. When I was trying to diagnose it we found that it had no power going to the MAF so we found out what fuse it was and replaced it and as soon as it was put in it blew. We seen that the glow plug control module and nox module shared the fuse with the MAF so I just unplugged the nox module since I didn't need it anyway and away went my problem. I don't really know why it went bad because it obviously wasn't being used but it shorted out for some reason.

Yea, I completely remove the nox module when I do a delete. Hopefully jared can track it down.

Latest posts

Members online