6.7 pump installed...no pressure on gauge.

Dieseljunkie

Reaction score
Ok here's my issue going on. I installed a 6.7 fuel pump in the 6.0 last weekend. Went with half inch feed line from a sump, to the pump, then up to the top filter. I do have a regulated return it's the mkm customs sinister kit. Im using the factory return line which goes to a 3/8" line all the way back to the "old draw straw" which is now used for return. I bypassed the 6.7 return fittings all together. So I go to prime the pump and it turns out that pump was bad from the get go making a bad howling noise. So today I install a brand new one, sounds so much better but Im still not making and pressure. Im reading pressure from a port on the RR. I have the pump grounded to the frame and a relay kit from jegs powering the pump. I have the factory pump hot wire as the trigger wire for the relay. Anyone have any ideas why Im not making any pressure??? I've even tried backing of the RR to see if anything would build, but to no avail. I would appreciate any help!! Thanks

swinky

Reaction score
I'd try another ground. That's damn near the only difference between what I have and you have.

Dieseljunkie

Reaction score
From the Jegs wiring I think it is 10 gauge. I didn't have enough slack so I put some 12 gauge to make up for the rest. Also using 12 for ground. Would that one size difference be enough to not provide enough power?

swinky

Reaction score
From the Jegs wiring I think it is 10 gauge. I didn't have enough slack so I put some 12 gauge to make up for the rest. Also using 12 for ground. Would that one size difference be enough to not provide enough power?
Doubt it. I think I did the same.

Dieseljunkie

Reaction score
Hmmm ok. I think I'll try it anyways just to see. I might be able to get some from work for free lol. And What is your battery voltage when you turn your key on? Mine is a little low I think from trying it so much. I even pulled the FICM fuse so the injectors don't buzz and use more battery lol

Merc82

Reaction score
So if you pull the top filter and cycle the key a couple of times, the bowl is not filling up?

Latest posts

Members online