6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
I give up.

I don't

I see your point.... Also, if I may,

word on the street is that the clevite bearings have 0.001" more crush than the factory bearings... This could be 100% incorrect, but what if I told you that the issue isn't the crank contacting the bearings but instead the bearings not being held correctly by the block?

How many stock 6.7s have walked mains, cutoff oil supply to the rods and spun rod bearings? Lots. Is this an oil pressure issue? Maybe not. So.....

I agree my latest failure is obviously oil pressure related, I'm not going to take a chance called "is the bearing crush enough without a locating tab to back it up? (I agree that a locating tab is for locating, but if a bearings on the verge of walking.... It might make the difference) am I going to find out down the road that it's not?" So as an insurance policy, pinned erreythang

Dallas, you still think I'm way out in left field?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
If y'all want help doing root cause on this. Get me an oil sample out of one that's failed. I'll run AF on it and can help diagnose root cause. I do this daily on turbines. And I'm right 100% of the time. I can tell a plant a turbine failure is coming 6 months to a year before it happens. And I can usually tell them root cause before the failure even happens. Customers who take steps to right the problems don't have the failures, customers who don't never call me again to avoid my smugness. I won't deny its quite queer to not have s tab on a bearing though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If you're doing it for the lack of squish that's one thing but to do it because it's trying to grab the bearing is another thing. There's no "almost doing damage" to bearings. Once there's contact, the damage is done. Hope that helps.

Wayne

Reaction score
So dan's truck, along with about 5 billion $$$ worth of stuff is probably burned up as well, right? pics of the fire are CRAZY!! Hard to imagine what it would be like to lose your home and all your posessions like that

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Shane and a few others are up there.

I talked with Shane over the last few days and sounds like he and his wife are ok. Think their house has survived thus far.

The pictures I've seen on crackbook are, I know its cliche but, apocalyptic.

sootie

Reaction score
It's bad up there -friend of mine sent pics from his plane. Just trying to get a plan together to help out....

Dan

Reaction score
I'm out safe!!! Had quite the adventure getting out of town though...

That fire escalated quite quickly... I don't think people took it to seriously until it was burning in their back yard. But here we are, safe with loved ones. And that's all that matters!

Unfortunately my ford wasn't up there haha! As much as we all wish it would do us a favour and burn to the ground haha

As far as I can tell my new house that I just bought the beginning of March is still there... Houses down the street have burnt. The worst part of this whole deal is not being able to go back home... Not knowing if it's there or gone sucks. Also not being able to work is going to get awkward when the bills don't get paid... But like everything, we will get through it! So thankful for all the support and help everyone has given through this! Makes me proud to be Albertan!!!!

Dan

Reaction score
This is where the fire was at as the last guy was leaving the shop...
B46CBBDB-C8B7-4C65-8258-17B6DD5004F6_zpskk5yzfna.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
I'm out safe!!! Had quite the adventure getting out of town though...

That fire escalated quite quickly... I don't think people took it to seriously until it was burning in their back yard. But here we are, safe with loved ones. And that's all that matters!

Unfortunately my ford wasn't up there haha! As much as we all wish it would do us a favour and burn to the ground haha

As far as I can tell my new house that I just bought the beginning of March is still there... Houses down the street have burnt. The worst part of this whole deal is not being able to go back home... Not knowing if it's there or gone sucks. Also not being able to work is going to get awkward when the bills don't get paid... But like everything, we will get through it! So thankful for all the support and help everyone has given through this! Makes me proud to be Albertan!!!!

Glad you're safe. Looks like anyone that owes money to the government get automatic six month deferral on payments. A lot of banks holding mortgages on houses there are doing the same. There is also somewhere you can register for cash support if required.

Latest posts

Members online