6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Once you get in as deep as Dan has. You're committed 100%. Isn't worth sh1t in pieces, and you will never get your money out when its running. Just have to finish and enjoy it.

Reaction score
Why would you use engine coolant? You still run a reservoir with a heat exchanger on the street, you just don't add the ice until you get to the track.

The 6.7 powerstroke uses coolant from the reservoir that also cools the trans, egr and fuel. Comes that way from the factory with the air to liquid systems all tied together and the intercooler all in one. That coolant temp even on a egr deleted truck will always be higher than 100 deg. Negates a lot of efficiency with hot liquid.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The 6.7 powerstroke uses coolant from the reservoir that also cools the trans, egr and fuel. Comes that way from the factory with the air to liquid systems all tied together and the intercooler all in one. That coolant temp even on a egr deleted truck will always be higher than 100 deg. Negates a lot of efficiency with hot liquid.

Oh.. I didn't know they used the existing air to water system. My only experience is building the system from scratch.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

So are you not a fan of the air to liquid? I can't tell through your posts on here...

Dena6.4

Reaction score
From compd

Testing trans 5-6 gear shift and lockup in 6th...

Seized up on a fuel only run

How much good is a fan shroud going to do at 100+ mph?

We are finding weak links in the setup and going from there...

I'm not a big fan of the truck siezing up either, but hey!!! R&D right? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone jllumo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.