6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Notneb

Reaction score
At this point I agree. Nothing compares to the bottom end of a 6.4. But I'm not really worried about the 6.7 yet. Whenever we get done with all these stinking pull trucks..., we will get back to finding the limit of a factory 6.7 block....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As in 6.4 vs 6.7 stock? Built vs built can I assume they're the same? Or strictly talking block failure, not rotating assembly? Just curious!

swinky

Reaction score
are you some how suggesting that the 7.3 is a superior engine to the 6.4? I could see an argument over the 6.0, although I strongly disagree, but if you are, you need a reality check.
6.0 > 6.4....

Were you asleep all of 2015?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As in 6.4 vs 6.7 stock? Built vs built can I assume they're the same? Or strictly talking block failure, not rotating assembly? Just curious!

10000% in the ability for the block to hold power... 6.4 is a tank. Honestly think if someone could do it, a 6.4 block will hold 2000 hp.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I think head flow has something to do with it.

Dan

Reaction score
6 bolt mains don't do this...

78AEF761-9940-4D26-BE7E-8395698DBC97_zpsipfsu2dn.jpg

6bolt mains ftw

rentstdi

Reaction score
See, the engineers were thinking about corrosion prevention. It's hard for it to rust if it's coated in oil...

On the 6 bolt mains, do a pair of bolt come from outside the engine block or are they all internal

Reaction score
What's keeping anyone from doing it?

I think head flow has something to do with it.

So it's a matter of actually making a set of heads? I can see why it hasn't happened yet if that's the case.

No. The total engine flow is as good as any Cummins out there. The digest issue is fueling and someone willing to blow enough money to make it happen.

We are building the puller into a 3.6 truck. It should be around 1600 at the crank. But that's still a long ways.

Now if we took that and sprayed it we could probably make it happen. But, unfortunately it will be in a chassis that will not be conducive to wheel dynos.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
6.7's leak oil out of the block too. Just in different spots and a lot fasterLOL
Like this one.

6.7_zpsjrqe8w4c.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
What's the deal with not being able to get a dang crank shaft?

I've been waiting for over a month now and still hasn't been shipped from the manufacturer...

What the hang is going on with that???

Apparently there's none in North America....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.