6.7L Powerstroke Turbo Removal Procedure

makuloco2000

Reaction score
This sucker is the biggest pain in the butt to remove from step one and will have you dreaming of the old days of 6.0l Turbo that come out in 20min no fuss. I got so frustrated that I turned the camera off in the end while fighting it out of the tight hole it is down in. So there is no reinstall procedure but this is a good thorough removal procedure though and I hope it helps because many have asked for this video and I don't think there is one on youtube right now either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQj6wB_jJE

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
u6ytu8y7.jpg

Looks like I did it the easy way. Lol. This one lost a wrist pin bushing actually...

webb06

Reaction score
great video! looks like an extremely tight exit for it! did you end up just yanking it out or did you remove anything else?

makuloco2000

Reaction score
great video! looks like an extremely tight exit for it! did you end up just yanking it out or did you remove anything else?

No you just need to wiggle it out of there and it comes past an obstruction a little at a time.

Spindrift

Reaction score
I was talking to a Detroit mechanic from Gillette, WY a few days ago. A 6.7L came through town with a blown turbo and the Ford dealer told the guy it would be 4 weeks before they could take a look at it so they recommended the Detroit dealership in town. The guy I was talking to apparently drew the short straw and had to replace it. He told me that Ford recommends cab removal for a turbo replacement. Is that true?

bricewise

Reaction score
I was talking to a Detroit mechanic from Gillette, WY a few days ago. A 6.7L came through town with a blown turbo and the Ford dealer told the guy it would be 4 weeks before they could take a look at it so they recommended the Detroit dealership in town. The guy I was talking to apparently drew the short straw and had to replace it. He told me that Ford recommends cab removal for a turbo replacement. Is that true?

I don't see any reason to remove the cab for a 6.7 removal. In fact I was under the impression ford designed 6.7 so cab wouldn't have to come off for turbo removal.

Latest posts

Members online