6" lift on 36x15.5r20

Collin02

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help I've looked around everywhere and can't find anyone else running a setup like this. My truck is a 2002 ccsb 7.3 I've got some 36x15.5r20 mt atzs mounted on fuel throttle 20x12 and am going to be buying a 6" rough country lift but I am worried about rubbing. Anyone out there that has run a setup like this or has any experience? All help is appreciated thanks!

sscanlan25

Reaction score
Been running 20x12's and 35's on a 4.5 inch lift for several months. Just barely rubs fender liner at full lock if you hit a bump. I actually bought the superlift 6" kit and took out the two bottom springs. My advice would be to go for the superlift kit, as it rides much smoother and is about the same price.

Collin02

Reaction score
Been running 20x12's and 35's on a 4.5 inch lift for several months. Just barely rubs fender liner at full lock if you hit a bump. I actually bought the superlift 6" kit and took out the two bottom springs. My advice would be to go for the superlift kit, as it rides much smoother and is about the same price.

I was going to go with a procomp but with my work I get 30% off rough country products so that kind of deal is too good to pass up. How much trimming did you have to do?

deiter5262

Reaction score
I've got a 6" lift kit complete coming off my 2003 F250 here in a couple weeks if your interested two years old. But- not sure where you are located not something to ship really. I think mine is rough country w/ BDS dual shocks and dual shock stablizer. I hate the way it rides, bought truck with it and going to a 3.5" fabtech kit. Rough country is just it "rough" like a brick.

Collin02

Reaction score
I've got a 6" lift kit complete coming off my 2003 F250 here in a couple weeks if your interested two years old. But- not sure where you are located not something to ship really. I think mine is rough country w/ BDS dual shocks and dual shock stablizer. I hate the way it rides, bought truck with it and going to a 3.5" fabtech kit. Rough country is just it "rough" like a brick.

Does it really ride that badly? The shocks didn't help it or anything

bretferd

Reaction score
I had an 02 f250 gasser with 6" lift with 36x15.50 on 16x10 before and it rubbed the leaf spring on the driver side. I can't remember if it rubbed on the passenger side. It also rubbed the front bumper but I just trimmed it.

Collin02

Reaction score
I had an 02 f250 gasser with 6" lift with 36x15.50 on 16x10 before and it rubbed the leaf spring on the driver side. I can't remember if it rubbed on the passenger side. It also rubbed the front bumper but I just trimmed it.

Thanks this is exactly what I need, do you have any pics of that setup?

deiter5262

Reaction score
Does it really ride that badly? The shocks didn't help it or anything

It does but it is tolerable. Just very stiff you literally bounce off every bump in the road when empty driving. Plus your PMG's drop and your towing capabilities are still there but just limited. I have owned many trucks and I hate the ride quality on rough country's kit. Mine is very solid but extremely stiff riding. Reminiscent of my 97 F250 7.3 OBS truck that is a great comparison if you will.

As far as tires clearing, my front bumper is trimmed. I am running 20x10 wheels on 37" X12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers right now. No rubbing anywhere. Given my tires are bald as a babys bum right now. You will be fine w/ the 36's easily. But- your wheels are 12" wide so you might have to trim bumper at minimum.

Just be prepared you will lose that factory ride quality. The rough country leafs springs are just rough but like I said tolerable. And a great bang for the buck. I am going back to factory springs w/ Fabtech hangers myself. Post some pics of progress!

Here are some pics of my current set-up and my build thread:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60278

Last edited:

Collin02

Reaction score
In case anyone else is wondering how well 15.5 wide tires fit on a 6" lift mine don't rub much. I just need to trim the bottom plastic on the bumper but I'm very happy with the way it looks. I would post a pic but I don't know how to here on my phone lol

Collin02

Reaction score
See if this works
image.jpg

Collin02

Reaction score
Oh man! Looks killer:evil Perfect wheel/tire lift combo there. I just yanked my 6" lift and 37" w/ 20x10's off. Switched to new Fuel wheels and 35" tires with a 3.5" kit. We have the same wheels, I dig em my friend:ford:

Thanks man! I love it. Turned out better then I was expecting

Latest posts

Members online