6637/K&N Part#

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
So I just did the 6637 on my 7.3 and I didn't pay the extra $40 for the riffraff version, so I don't have that nifty pre filter. Does K&N have a "6637" filter? I mean id rather clean it, than replace it for $60/pc if that's a possibility, all I can find is the universal filter with the 2.75" flange.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

ToMang07

Reaction score
So I just did the 6637 on my 7.3 and I didn't pay the extra $40 for the riffraff version, so I don't have that nifty pre filter. Does K&N have a "6637" filter? I mean id rather clean it, than replace it for $60/pc if that's a possibility, all I can find is the universal filter with the 2.75" flange.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

No. The whole point is to NOT have a crappy cotton "oiled" filter. And you don't need a pre-filter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

No. The whole point is to NOT have a crappy cotton "oiled" filter. And you don't need a pre-filter.
this!^^^^^... get online and find a better deal.. i usually find donaldson filters for half that... change it once every 2yrs... lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pretty sure the filters are only in the $30 range from riffraff, and you can buy a prefilter cover online from a few places.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
6637/K&N Part#

Pretty sure the filters are only in the $30 range from riffraff, and you can buy a prefilter cover online from a few places.

I think they were actually $40 and shipping was over $20 when I was on their website last. So for $7 extra I drove to Napa and got it that night. If it wasn't for the shipping I would have bought the actual kit from Riffraff $90 is a decent deal for it. And this still doesn't answer my question, does K&N make the same filter? I appreciate all the opinions, I just haven't been able to turn one up online, and figured if anyone had seen one they would be here.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think they were actually $40 and shipping was over $20 when I was on their website last. So for $7 extra I drove to Napa and got it that night. If it wasn't for the shipping I would have bought the actual kit from Riffraff $90 is a decent deal for it. And this still doesn't answer my question, does K&N make the same filter? I appreciate all the opinions, I just haven't been able to turn one up online, and figured if anyone had seen one they would be here.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost
do not put a k&n filter of any sort on a 7.3 or any forced induction motor.. they are the devil to compressor fins.

live life full throttle

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
do not put a k&n filter of any sort on a 7.3 or any forced induction motor.. they are the devil to compressor fins.

live life full throttle

Thank you, advice is always appreciated. I guess that explains why I can't source one

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thank you, advice is always appreciated. I guess that explains why I can't source one

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost
they make one but only a ***in retard would run one.. i wont ever give info on a k&n... i have ran every make of oiled filters and every single one dusted my intake... within 3k miles

live life full throttle

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Well I appreciate it, I've got your links saved too, might try to stock a couple of them. But admittedly I got too excited and forked over retail. I won't make that mistake again haha

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well I appreciate it, I've got your links saved too, might try to stock a couple of them. But admittedly I got too excited and forked over retail. I won't make that mistake again haha

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Honestly, unless you put on tons of miles a year, just change it once a year. yes, it's a little bit more, but it's a well proven filter for the 7.3L and when it comes to risking dusting your turbo....it's worth it.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score

Honestly, unless you put on tons of miles a year, just change it once a year. yes, it's a little bit more, but it's a well proven filter for the 7.3L and when it comes to risking dusting your turbo....it's worth it.

Thanks buddy, I couldn't even see your posts until I quoted them. But yea the help is always appreciated

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
I just always assumed K&N was the way to go, I've used them on my gassers, and they always perform flawlessly, thanks for preventing me from having to replace some high dollar parts, just to save on a few filters

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

mandkole

Reaction score
Mines not a daily but I've been using an AFE pro 5R/no prefilter the last 5K miles. Ive been giving the tube the white towel check to see if its letting dirt in. Nothing so far. With a 5" intake tube, it cuts down on whats available so Ive been a little nervous using it.. I discovered that the filter I replaced was actually a ProDry, so may go back to that.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Mines not a daily but I've been using an AFE pro 5R/no prefilter the last 5K miles. Ive been giving the tube the white towel check to see if its letting dirt in. Nothing so far. With a 5" intake tube, it cuts down on whats available so Ive been a little nervous using it.. I discovered that the filter I replaced was actually a ProDry, so may go back to that.

Yea I'm just playing around with parts, the AFE is very nice, but for the reviews the 6637 has been getting (since the Internet started lol) its probably the one I'll stick with. I had just never seen the K&N option, so I wondered if they made one. The current setup is like a completely different truck. I gained 5psi AND the throttle response is tons better. Once I get fully recovered from Christmas, I'll order the F6 from DP, and I'll continue to daily it until parts start going... Then I'm going all out (or as far as the wife'll let me, I got a gun habit too) lol

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

mandkole

Reaction score
For a daily, the 6637 style filter is the way to go. After buying the kits from tymar, ran one for years on the OBS trucks.

Latest posts

Members online