7.3 build questions

Cody

Reaction score
Long story Short my 7.3 is an anchor now...

Parts list.. looking for suggestions prices feedback ECT.... Vendors Welcome!

fan 61.69
fan clutch 38.79
radiator 225ish local
water pump 212.79
water pump pully 38.79
serpentine belt 60ish
oil pan 209
rebuild kit?? who has the best out there??

FFD 250/200's 1895
Regulated reutrn fuel bowl delete.. who has the best?
BDP sump 129.95
IDP s366 (2500)
OR
IDP S468 (3200)
(what is a better set up with 250/200's)
ARPs 425 (best price i could find)
Comp 910's 75
smith bros push rods 225

Any clue what this build could run?

Or does any vendor want to sell me a package deal :)

Looking for imput guys.. ether where to cut costs or where to spend a couple cents more.. im doing this on a serious budget here..

so if anyone has used stuff dont be afraid to chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
Same set up I have Cody. Id run a s468 with the 250/200s. Ran me about 11k with out the rebuild. Agkits.com have rebuild kits for 995$ I beleive.

Cody

Reaction score
I will see what happens with the rebuild kit when I pull my heads.. Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday depending on when I get off work..

Biggest thing is a fuel system.

David N

Reaction score
Skip the S366 and get Irates's S468 kit. Its only a couple hundred more, but it makes way more power. And is very streetable if need be. I wish I would have gone that route now.

Cody

Reaction score
Got a question for you guys.. Cleaning up the head gaskets on the block that's going back in.. I was carefull while scraping it but still got pieces down in the pistons and intake ect.. What's the best way to clean it up to get the contaminates out/off the rings without damaging the bearings and what not in the bottom end.

Thanks guys.

Cody

Reaction score
Also ill post about the studs when I make sure they have em in stock when I order them this weekend lol

DocBar

Reaction score
Got a question for you guys.. Cleaning up the head gaskets on the block that's going back in.. I was carefull while scraping it but still got pieces down in the pistons and intake ect.. What's the best way to clean it up to get the contaminates out/off the rings without damaging the bearings and what not in the bottom end.

Thanks guys.
You're doing a full rebuild, right? You'll be pulling all of that stuff out, anyway. You need to send the block and heads off to have them cleaned, milled, magnafluxed, etc. You might not need anything done, but you need to make sure everything is still in tolerance. Your rebuild kit will come with new bearings and rings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online