7.3 build

woodduck97

Reaction score
My truck with my injectors on the tow tune pulling a dually on a car trailer on flat ground stays at 1050 or 1200 the whole time. Hell even with a 68 camaro on the trailer it stays at a 1000. Black haze all the time. Just not fun when trying to hual.
DD is a 97 Honda accorrd and next year if my job becomes permanant I will be looking for a Crew Cab truck.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Should of worded it different.

Just don't see it being a realistic tow rig holding together/being realible well if hauling heavy loads/ not having to worry about egts like crazy etc AND having the hell run out of it. Jmo

Last edited:

woodduck97

Reaction score
Should of worded it different.

Just don't see it being a realistic tow rig holding together/being realible well if hauling heavy loads AND having the hell run out of it. Jmo

Well I get fired up bout people wanting to make 1000hp and DD it so I type to quick lol

shorty2tall

Reaction score
i'll check back in 2 years, if you make it past custom tunes i'll be very surprised

So ur saying ur won't happen or ill just get custom tunes and leave it there cuz those are enough?
And who knows I may just keep the pmr's and go for 450hp and buy a 6.4 too.

With a compound set up good tunes and water meth shouldn't you be able to tow with low egt's on a 600hp truck?

Do guys think I should buy a 6.4 instead of building a 7.3?

Patrick

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So ur saying ur won't happen or ill just get custom tunes and leave it there cuz those are enough?
And who knows I may just keep the pmr's and go for 450hp and buy a 6.4 too.

With a compound set up good tunes and water meth shouldn't you be able to tow with low egt's on a 600hp truck?

Do guys think I should buy a 6.4 instead of building a 7.3?

Patrick

This is why he said you wont make it past custom tunes.

And he is a negative nancy LOL:clapping: jk

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Naw I can't afford a 6.4 I can afford my truck slowly build my truck and enjoy my hard work.
So now can we get back to what parts and how to build a 600-700 hp truck?

And thanks airfish but I want to hear it from him. See why he thinks it won't make it past custom tunes.

Patrick

bruce

Reaction score
because people don't go from edge evolutions and glowshift gauges to 700 horses in 2 years. everyone thinks its a cake walk until they try. you live a long way from any tuner and squirters big enough to make that power really need live tunin. sure you can throw money at it and have a powerful truck but it will stay in the shop all the time and eventually you'll get fed up with it and sell it. see high horse engines for sell all the time because they are just a hassle even for really good mechanics.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Ok the Evo came with the truck. as I said before have a ts chip installed. Evo is there because I haven't sold it and it reads codes right away and I'm going to upgrade to isspro performax gauges.
And I under stand that it's not easy but I love and enjoy working on things. So then everyone is saying to go for 5-600 is that much better? Reliable and fun to drive as a dd and tower and what not if I don't go 700 that's fine I just want a fun truck with a minimum of 500hp.

I know I can make 600 with forged rods, head studs 250/100 injectors gqssb turbo fuel system trans and good tunes. And I know that truck is driven daily and I believe it tows still too.

I understand it's not a cake walk also maybe it won't get built that quick idk how long maybe 5 years.
Bruce if u know so much educate me and help me build a BADASS 5-600hp daily driver?
I don't care if u most in the thread to help me or pm me ideas I just want help not be told u can't do it. Give me ideas and hp levels what is still towable what will be the best all around set up.

Patrick

davey99ps

Reaction score
500hp is pretty easy to attain if your pockets are deep enough, my set-up does as will many others. It's fun to drive, fairly fast, an does pretty good pulling. Once you start shooting for 650+ it takes a whole lot more. You'll either need compounds, or nitrous. There's a few singles that'll get you there but wouldn't really make for a good dd. My best advice is do as much reading as you can about different set-ups, go for a ride in a truck that actually makes the power your after an talk to ppl. Good luck

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Thank u davey!
Ok so guys give me info maybe even links I'm going to be doing a lot of researching.
If u guys have suggestions or anything let me know.

Patrick

bruce

Reaction score
300+cc injectors (no one has made 600 on 250/100's) gtx4294, srp1.1 or stage 2 or gen 3 or dual termys, bts, full comp fuel system, preferable a built billet rod bottom end, studs, springs, push rods, preferably ported heads and a cam. hours of live tunin, trac bars. probably lookin at 25k+

Jason

Reaction score
Honestly i think youd be more than happy with a set of hybrids and a 38r. No it wint be "fast", it ill be relatively quick, and feel very light on its feet. I got the chance to flog Matt's truck when he tuned mjne , and it was lkfted on 35's. It felt as nimble as a reg cab short bed chevy pickup with a gas motor, no dead spots in power and super responsive. For a multi purpose truck, thats really all you need.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Not a prob. A fairly fun set-up for you could be a 38r, injectors roughly the same size as mine, a decent hpop(srp1.1, t500), valve springs, pushrods an good tunes should put you near the 500hp mark. It should be a fun an reliable set-up that won't break the bank. Then down the road, after you get a lil more $ saved and a built trans, you could bump the injectors up an throw an s400 in front of the 38r

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce
Jason hybrids 238 or 250/100's with my 38r I already have should put me close to 4-500 tuned right from what I understand correct?

How much dose custom tunes with stock stick and a built trans change the feel of the truck?
I may go ahead and buy custom ones after I get a built trans. Or before and go ahead and break the one that's there..

Patrick

shorty2tall

Reaction score
I may go that way Davey get my truck with the pmr engine too 450hp and build a forged engine to go in later or if the pmr's let go.

Patrick

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Buy a used forged rod long block and add this:
250/200's
pushrods
valve springs (910's)
srp 1.1
full fuel system
S467 turbo
t-4 wastegated mount
Bts
Custom tunes from your choice of tuner(live tuning would be ideal if you can arrange it)

That is enough to get you over 500 and with the proper tuning and wastegate setup would be a rip to drive and you could tow with it and everything.

I had that exact same setup in my 450 but they were 250/100's and I had a manual trans. I towed 33k total weight 600 miles without any issues or having to watch my egt gauge.

And if after a lil while you get bored with the power you can add some spray and get close to the 600 hp mark.

00Rich

Reaction score
WOP GQSSB Turbo, Terminator Dual HPOS, Strictly Diesel Fuel System, DP Tuner F8 Chip, WOP Stage II 200cc injectors, BTS Transmission, 4" Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage II intake. Here's my set up when I race my brothers 2010 6.4 he got H&S Mini Maxx with the hot damn tune, 4" Exhaust, AFE Intake with wop waste gate and egr delete I keep up with him with no problems

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
No matter what x00 hp your goal is. You'll need a built trans either it be bts racer x something like that. So just remember to add 5k to whatever your budget ends up being.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.