7.3 electrical help?

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Hey guys pretty new to this forum but alot of yall seem to know what your doing so heres the question... I have a 99 F550 with the 7.3 i recently hooked up a cb going just by what the directions said i hooked the ground to a bolt and ran hot wire to fuse panel and hooked to the very top left relay... cb turns on fine but when i key up the mic the truck shuts off? Ive disconected it and ran wire straight to battery im just wondering what caused it to shut off and what relay is that? And also when the key is on the on position battery level is fine but when i go to turn it over it drops to 8 and takes about 5 turns to start ? This was happening before cb incident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Could have shorted the relay. The relay you hooked into could have something to do with computer or ignition ect. Several things could have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Milford

Reaction score
Depending on the size of the radio, run a 10GA or 8GA hot wire to the battery with an inline fuse at the battery and as for a ground, make sure its a good on or you can get some feedback through the speaker.

What radio is it? I have a Gen. Lee and it kinda pops fuses that are 10 amp and less when I key the mic. Has a little bit of power when it swings....

Latest posts

Members online