7.3 fuel system recommendations

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wonder if Gary compliments everybody elses pumps?

Powestroker00- i feel you but 95% of the people that drive or run a truck with 200% nozzles CANT open them up that hard that often, on the street. I completely agree that optimizing fuel and oil sides is the thing to do. But a guy with a stock truck who puts a hybrid with a decent nozzle and any healthy pump is going to be ok for power.

Look at all the guys running adrenalines, you know damn good and well if you call for 3200 psi of icp in any moderate pw tune that sucker is gonna be crying for oil. Dont hear too many guys complaining. Guys with srps. WHEN they worked, they would hold icp on anything with 200% nozzles yet if you tossed a gen 3 or duals in, 50hp outta nowhere.

That guy is right but dont think you cant run hybrids on the street with any healthy pump. Just know or limit higher pw and fuel until you fet a real pump in there. Or live tune it and optimize everything you do have and know you might be leaving 40-70 icp related hp on the table.

taterthedog

Reaction score
So do you need another HPOP to feed a Gen3, or is it all you need on it's own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emev0l

Reaction score
So do you need another HPOP to feed a Gen3, or is it all you need on it's own.

It's an add on pump, you run your stock pump in it's factory location and your res is replaced with a new one that has the Gen3 built into it. The stock pump is only needed to start the truck because the Haldex pump can't build enough pressure while cranking to start the truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wonder if Gary compliments everybody elses pumps?

Powestroker00- i feel you but 95% of the people that drive or run a truck with 200% nozzles CANT open them up that hard that often, on the street. I completely agree that optimizing fuel and oil sides is the thing to do. But a guy with a stock truck who puts a hybrid with a decent nozzle and any healthy pump is going to be ok for power.

Look at all the guys running adrenalines, you know damn good and well if you call for 3200 psi of icp in any moderate pw tune that sucker is gonna be crying for oil. Dont hear too many guys complaining. Guys with srps. WHEN they worked, they would hold icp on anything with 200% nozzles yet if you tossed a gen 3 or duals in, 50hp outta nowhere.

That guy is right but dont think you cant run hybrids on the street with any healthy pump. Just know or limit higher pw and fuel until you fet a real pump in there. Or live tune it and optimize everything you do have and know you might be leaving 40-70 icp related hp on the table.
good post bud!!

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What pump are you running?

adrenaline
Adrenaline is what he had way back when
i believe the pump andy has is one of the original test pumps that bob put in circulation.. you could try it and buy it or pass it to the next guy on the list. if you decided to keep it then bob would pull one off the shelf and send it to the next guy on the list..

live life full throttle

taterthedog

Reaction score
Maybe the honey badger Sr. will be the ticket for these sticks.

Arisley

Reaction score
adrenaline

i believe the pump andy has is one of the original test pumps that bob put in circulation.. you could try it and buy it or pass it to the next guy on the list. if you decided to keep it then bob would pull one off the shelf and send it to the next guy on the list..

live life full throttle

Exactly. I really don't think anybody sent the pump on. I think everybody bought it. It has been a great pump. Has about 150,000 miles on it now.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
hmmm... different pumps will work, what's your budget though? Gen3 is basically maxxed out, "will supply anything"... but I'm liking what I here about the honey badger, I have an adrenaline mated with my gen3, 400/400's,(I know I don't need the adrenaline with the gen3) but would definitely try the HB if I was running a smaller daily driver.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I think that was dropped. Factory housing isn't strong enough.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Honey badger sr is still in the works. Just not the way it was originally planned. I've read on here from thug like that they're almost ready to release it testing is going well but not in a factory housing like the Srp was.

thuglike

Reaction score
With the recent releases of the 7.3 Baby Badger and the 6L Honey Badger and 6L Baby Badger all attention is on the Sr.

We have stock and aftermarket housings testing now. Process's have changed through trial and error. Not to mention countless hours and thousands of dollars. We need to be 10000000% positive it will do EXACTLY what we say it will do. It's our Crown Jewel in our pump line and will not come to market til Jon knows it will never let you guys down.

There is a big oil road we DO NOT want to go down..you guys know it all to well.
It has taken a long time but we have to juggle reliability with cost effective materials to bring a stout product to market at a fair price point.

Latest posts

Members online